Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 06:47 pm
This already sucks, Anderson Cooper acts like we are seconds away from the start. 10 minutes later we are still waiting.

And this is a sporting event now, we need to have an elaborate rendition of the national Anthem? I think not. Let Sheryl Crow show her support for the party by making a donation and a commercial, like all the rest of the entertainment industry.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:05 pm
In her first go Hillary was well rehearsed and at the top of her game. She also acts like she did get to write the debate rules. Sanders already looks like he is melting, lets see if he can get it together. No one else matters, they are sucking up time so the D's can perpetuate their fiction that they are offering the little people a choice.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hillary seems to think that Obama valuing her judgment to name her SS matters, we dont trust Obama's judgement on international affairs. As she thinks that we are dumb enough to believe that Putin was not running Russia when he was not President.

This is the Hillary that we know and dont love, the one who puts on a good act as she tries to slide the bullshit by..

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Webb is ******* impressive. Who would have thunk.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:37 pm
Hillary acting like losing an Ambassador to the terrorists is not a big deal??!!

****. HER!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:02 pm
Everyone who said that this debate would be boring was wrong...Hillary is at the top of her game and while I know that she is a lying bitch she is entertaining, Sanders has found his sea legs, and Webb is better than he has ever been.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
This is Hillary'e worst Nightmare, even nobodies look as good as she does in this debate.
NSFW (view)
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Almost two hours in the D's finally start to turn their guns on the R's. Just goes to show how much trouble they had dealing with each other. Again this is Hillarys worst nightmare. This is what the D money men were supposed to protect her from.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 08:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
This thread is rated O. There are no other threads on this subject that I see. This fact supports the argument that there has been a massive decline in the quality of A2K.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
if you just “work hard and play by the rules” you should expect that the American system will deliver you a decent life and a chance for your children to have a better one"

Bill Clinton 1992

Hillary runs the same lines in 2015 to close the debate and thinks that this is a winner? When the Clintons have been one of the most powerful families in America for 20 years? And things have gone in reverse?

I think she has more faith in her abilities as a bullshit artist than the rest of us have. What she accomplished was to look dated, and too look like a weak copy of her husband.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:14 pm
I am disappointed in the questions from the CNN people. The Republican debates had so many questions about how one candidate said something about a different candidate. They did nothing like that tonight.

roger

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well here. I'll bump it up for you.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:15 pm
I didn't even know Chaffee was running until today. I don't think he has much chance.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I am disappointed in the questions from the CNN people. The Republican debates had so many questions about how one candidate said something about a different candidate. They did nothing like that tonight.

CNN wanted issues debated rather than a bar fight, but they got a lot more bar fight than they were looking for.

Cooper was pretty good for him, the rest not.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:17 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Well here. I'll bump it up for you.

Thank you. This kind of thing is why I would like you for a neighbor. I often dont agree with you but you are a straight arrow. I like that.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Interesting. The snap polls have it
Sanders in a landslide
Clinton
Webb
O'malley
Chaffee

The opinion of the elites has it that Clinton won.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Typical of the mass delusion of the elite

Quote:
Clinton’s jujitsu wasn’t relegated to questions about her past. Clinton’s partisan witch-hunt–themed response to questions about her email scandal was nothing we haven’t heard from her before—but the response to her strong delivery suggested that Democratic voters are willing to forgive and forget. Not only did she draw boisterous cheers from the crowd with her tried-if-not-completely-true defense, she even had Sanders coming to her aid.

“I think the secretary is right,” Bernie interjected, “and that is that the American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails.” When your biggest rival is deflecting questions about your biggest weakness for you, you know the evening has been a success.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/13/hillary_clinton_won_the_cnn_debate_with_a_surprising_performance.html

When Sanders was able to go toe to toe with Hillary and win Hillary had a bad night. And in my opinion Webb bet them both.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
more elite delusion

Quote:
Ruth Sherlock - HILLARY CLINTON
It has finally became clear why so many Democrats have feared challenging Hillary Clinton for the presidential nomination. After months of being drowned out by the email scandal - and Donald Trump - tonight Mrs Clinton shone. She was the teacher and her opponents the pupils. As they succumbed to flares of passion or long rambles, she was collected, quick-witted, and charming throughout.
Rob Crilly - HILLARY CLINTON
Anderson Cooper, the CNN host, said at the start of the debate that this was a much closer race than anyone had predicted. It was not true at the start of the night and he was proved demonstrably wrong by the end. Hillary Clinton is light years ahead of a weak Democrat field. Although Bernie Sanders' insurgent campaign has been trumpeted by journalists desperate for a better story, it has long been clear that Mrs Clinton has the grooming, the policies and the brain that put her comfortably at the head of race. Tonight she dominated the stage. For once during this campaign she looked relaxed and as if she were enjoying herself. Dare I say it, but she looked presidential. In contrast, Mr Sanders stumbled through his answers. He struggled with the big picture stuff and had little grasp of the finer details. He was weakest on foreign policy. No-one will want his finger on the button.
Nick Allen - HILLARY CLINTON
Bernie Sanders had his moments but Hillary was the clear winner. If it had been a football match her supporters would have been chanting "Easy" by the end. She was incredibly well prepared for what were predictable questions. She was also helped enormously by her opponent when he refused to attack her over the email scandal. Sanders ranted about Wall Street but the "Bern" didn't really catch fire. The other three candidates were feeble and only served to make Mrs Clinton look even more presidential. Barring a new scandal she should sail on to the nomination.
Harriet Alexander - HILLARY CLINTON
Hillary Clinton was streets ahead of the others; poised, prepared and polished. Her rebuke to Republican candidate Carly Fiorina - the only other woman in the contest - about paid maternity leave was a particular triumph: she demolished Fiorina's argument that paid leave harmed businesses, saying that in California it was working just fine. And she took that chance to talk about her own experiences as a young lawyer and mother - looking after a sick child and still having to run to court. Although Clinton was the obvious winner, Martin O'Malley also put in an assured show: he was measured and well-informed, especially on gun control. His closing statements were sophisticated too - praising the other candidates for a debate about the issues, rather than an assault on immigrants, women and religious beliefs. "It was an honest search for answers," he said. Honest, and - for those two, at least - successful.
David Lawler - HILLARY CLINTON
The toughest opponent Hillary Clinton faced tonight was the weight of high expectations. Given her frontrunner status and reputation as a skilled debater, a pedestrian performance simply would not do. What we got from Mrs Clinton was strongest debate performance I have ever seen her deliver, and probably the best of the 2016 campaign on either side of the aisle. She was prepared, she was sharp and, crucially given her wonkish reputation, she had moments of humour and engagement with the audience. Hillary Clinton won the debate, and it wasn't close.
David Millward - Hillary Clinton
Having been surrounded by Bernie loyalists all evening, it would have been nice - or a least polite - to say their man won. But he didn’t. Hillary walked it tonight. Bernie’s one answer fits all approach was cruelly exposed under the harsh light of a TV debate. Hillary was slick, but not too slick and her camp can justifiably breathe a little easier tonight.
Barney Henderson - HILLARY CLINTON
Hillary was the clear winner tonight - totally outshining her rivals. It should be noted that she received a lot of help from her Democrat rivals. "Enough of the e-mails!" said an exasperated Mr Sanders referring to the scandal that has dogged her campaign to date. Mrs Clinton was also quick to remind the crowd how Mr O'Malley had firmly supported her run for president in 2008 as he looked on, slightly sheepishly. The former Baltimore mayor could definitely be a potential Clinton Running Mate. In general though, this was a much more friendly - if duller - debate than the brutal Republican outing last month. The Democrats gave the impression of being far more united - behind their clear leader, Mrs Clinton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/11930204/Who-won-the-Democratic-presidential-debate.html

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 10:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Let's hear it for this election coming down to Trump/Sanders/Bloomberg, AKA a complete washout for the incompetent lying bastards , the elite.