Facebook malware warning

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 01:06 pm
I clicked on a FB quiz and granted authorization to an app. It logged me off of FB and when I logged back in, I got this message:

"It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.
Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware. "

I deleted the app and did some other things to try to fix this, but it still won't let me log in. I didn't use the FB prompted malware programs, only Malware Bytes, which found nothing.

This ONLY happens when using Firefox. I can still access FB in Chrome and on my Android phone. Although some of the things I try to share give me the same virus/malware warning.

A friend signed into his FB account on my computer so it seems to be somehow tied to my sign in...

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,154 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Miracle617

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 04:45 pm
@skittybob,
this wont be a fix but I had a similar issue---there is a virus out there seeming to affect FB--
its called KOOBFACE--I ended up going thru Microsoft support and they sent me to a company in TX---guy fixed it online- $199tho..but I was locked out for over a week--look at my post about a week ago--Miracle
good luck
Mike
0 Replies

remforever

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:41 pm
@skittybob,
That's not true. it is a fake ad so that you'll download their app.
0 Replies