Legals rights for a 17 year old

Amarie8

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 10:56 pm
My little brother is 17, he would be considered "handicap", but apparently he is only 2 years behind. My mother is very unstable. And has been all our life. She and her boyfriend do drugs and openly admit it. Growing up we moved alot because of her being evicted. My older brother moved out when he was 16. I left when i was 17 , now my younger sister is 19 and my brother is 17. He wants to move out, knowing my mother I have a feeling that she would file a report. What legal rights does he have.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 872 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:48 am
@Amarie8,
To do what? To move out? Drop out of school? Join the Army?

Here's an idea - unless he's being abused (or any of you are), why doesn't he just stick it out for 6 months or until whenever he turns 18? That way, it'll be far less complicated.
Amarie8

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:15 pm
@jespah,
It says to move out. So yes. & that would a whole year. Let alone its his choice. I asked for simple advice, not attitude. No one should have to put up with their unstable parents who run a drug house and do drugs infront of them , that is abuse in its own.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:25 pm
@Amarie8,
Is he attending school? can someone go with him to meet a faculty member there who could provide some advice?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:32 pm
@Amarie8,
don't forget to have someone report the drug house

that will be useful in and of itself
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 07:17 am
@Amarie8,
Well thanks for more information. Like eBeth suggested, has anyone reported this?
0 Replies

Amarie8

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 03:33 pm
@ehBeth,
No she pulled him out. Of school to "homeschool" him. There were recent reportings of her boyfriend. But the police cant do anything to the bf, he said he can do meth in the privacy of his home...and he pushed my mother doqn and put her in the hospital and couldnt walk because the messed up her back. But she did not tell the police that happend she stood up for him..... She coul careless for the safety of her only 2 children that have stayed with her and they have had enough. They just dont know how to confront her..
0 Replies

Shineseyal

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2016 01:11 am
@Amarie8,
It's better to consult with a lawyer first. There are many legal rights in this case.
0 Replies