Wife had affair with co-worker, took her back twice

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:53 am
I found out that my wife had an affair with one of her co-worker (he was recently divorced). For months she has been disappearing on Saturdays and coming back 4 hours after, and always works late. One day I placed a phone in her vehicle and hid it behind the baby seat and turned on the voice recorder/GPS, sure enough I heard really really rough sex, which I cannot get out of my head.

I confronted her about it the day after, she was worried that I would tell her family about it and agreed to work on our marriage.
She said she ended it with him. However, two weeks passed and not a single sorry from her, she doesn't want to talk about it and was treating me literally like I had the affair.

Again, I noticed change in her attitude, put the gps in her car and sure enough she went to his house, picked him up and went out to lunch.

This time I flipped, and told all her close family what she did before I confronted her, and after confronting her, we both agreeded to a divorce.

A few days later, she called and told me what was going on with her and him and she has feelings for him and that she is going to end it and said that she is going to unlock her phone (messages, whatsapp etc). She also said that it was not sex, but a rough something else. (which I think is another lie)

SO
I took her back again, It has been a month and we are kinda doing good, I am still in alot of pain, but she is showing good signs that she wants us to work, but again does not want to talk about it.

My issue is, she is still working with him seeing him everyday, her phone is still locked, although I am not seeing her chatting on it, when I ask her about the phone lock, she reacts and throws it in the bin .

Everyday I wonder if she is really over him, I think that they working together will make her want him even more (forbidden love). She sits next to him.
I dont trust her or believe anything that she says, I just have hope that we can be a family again , mainly for the sake of the 2 year old.

She will refuse counselling, I sometimes cannot get over it and just pretend to be happy.

I dont know if she is going to play me again or if she is genuine. Sometimes I feel like giving up, and other time I feel like she is all that I have.

Anyone ever went through something like that, any advise?

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 06:19 am
If she won't go to counseling, go alone. And ask to do the exercise where you decided the pros and cons of staying together. Or maybe do it on your own, and see what you think. Forget her guilt (or your snooping, I might add), the coworker, the phone, etc. Just consider how life is now, and how life would be in a year if you split and it takes.

You have at least one child so I tend to advocate for couples to at least make one last, concerted effort. If she won't make one with you, then at least make one on your own. If not to stay together, then at least to be the best possible divorced unit, and advocates for your child(ren). At least go to counseling to learn ways to minimize the collateral damage.
rina5392

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 06:27 pm
@jespah,
jespah

Thanks for you response, you advise will be taken.
You are right, life after will be harder than it is now,
I just think that i will have to continue feeling like that for some time, this is how I may need to feel to keep the family together.
0 Replies