rzking

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:37 am
Hey guys. I have some question going on in my head for like 5 years now. I have money, have relationship, have some kind of success, but i am rather unhappy inside. So i started to do research on what really is happiness. I understood one thing that the happiness of what people are talking about all around is not the thing. The things witch everybody is bragging about , like money, sex, love , the moments and so on, are the real problem why we are unhappy. And at the moment when we will stop willing happiness we will see the true way to the happiness. So the question of the day to you guys is . What is true happiness for you in life? and why you think the true happiness is what it is ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,792 • Replies: 4
No top replies

FosterPARU

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 05:23 am
@rzking,
I can deeply relate to your feelings, as I have experienced similar feelings in the past as well. It feels as if there is some kind of emptiness within your heart that you simply cannot fill, no matter what you do. Money, sex, all these things do not really help.

I think every person would have to find their own way to fill this emptiness within them.

For me personally, I have noticed that helping other people is one of the most fulfilling things to do. I'm speaking about the fantastic feeling you have when you really know that you change someone's life for the better. This is one of the best things to completely forget about this emptiness within, or I think it helps to fill this emptiness.

Studying philosophy has also helped me to discover what true happiness is. For instance when I'm reading the Bhagavad-Gita I'm feeling truly happy.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 07:29 am
@FosterPARU,
Increase your dopamine levels, eat chocolate, get out in the morning, enjoy the sun in every ocasion, look for green spaces, and as a last resource if needed be take an anti depressant...the problem is chemestry...no amount of thinking can balance that ! Enjoy your life because the whole bloody thing flyes away in no time ! Have a nice day ! Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 09:34 am
Make sure your living spaces are well lit with a lot of sunlight.
0 Replies

shawn77bird

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:41 pm
@rzking,
Quite simply happiness not only feels good, but it’s good for your health, your relationships, your work and our society. Happy people have more fulfilling lives, experience a deeper sense of connection to others and to nature and they consistently perform at higher levels than those who aren’t happy. Happiness provides us with the fuel to thrive and flourish as human beings. Society, business, families and our planet need happy people.True Happiness is worlds apart from ‘normal’ happiness. True happiness describes a deep sense of inner well-being, peace and vitality that is with you most of the time in most circumstances. People, who experience true happiness, feel a deep sense of gratitude for simply being alive. Unlike normal happiness which comes and goes and is dependent on certain things happening, true happiness is independent of our life situation. This doesn’t mean you don’t feel anger, or sadness or fear, in fact the opposite is often the case. Truly happy people have the ability to feel those emotions deeply and fully, but they don’t lose sight of themselves as they do, they remain aware and present to their thoughts and emotions without getting caught up in them.

But is experiencing true happiness simply a case of changing our thoughts, practising gratitude, being kind and living mindfully as some experts suggest? My experience is this – they are all important and all have a part to play, but alone they simply aren’t enough to experience True Happiness. For True Happiness we need to fundamentally change our way of being in the world and change the way we live our life.It’s about shifting from

believing and being identified with the stories our head tells us to

resting as the awareness of those stories

fighting reality to living in alignment with reality

being limited by our beliefs to being empowered by our beliefs to living beyond beliefs

avoiding, sedating and resisting our emotions to welcoming our emotions

holding onto the past to letting go of the past

living a unfulfilling life to living a meaningful and fulfilling life

neglecting our health and needs to taking care of our health and needs

improving ourselves to accepting ourselves

identification with the ego-self to living as the true Self

tolerating toxic relationships to creating healthy conscious relationships

looking for love to giving love

getting for me to giving for the greater good

overcomplicating our life to simplifying our life;;Put another way – it’s about growing up and waking up.

Growing up is about realising your potential and becoming an emotionally mature adult (most adults at an emotional level feel and act as adolescents or young children).

Waking up is about living with greater present moment awareness and acceptance and discovering and embodying the true Self (our true nature) and bringing forth its gifts, talents and potentials into the world in a way that enriches and enhances the world. Being in alignment with the true Self enables us to access our deepest creativity, experience a deep sense of inner well-being, peace and vitality and to actualise our personal and professional potential. This is the master key to True Happiness

0 Replies