Any Rainsoft Q2 experts in these forums?

Jasons

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:46 am
Hello!

Are there any participants in this forum who are knowledgeable about Rainsoft Q2 systems anymore?

I've replaced the O-rings on the piston and the system runs through a cycle in mostly normal manner. The system fills the brine tank with water, but never draws water from the brine tank.

Currently the Tri-Guard is full after the cycle completes and the white ball remains pegged at the top of the Tri-Guard.

Here's what I've done:

* Replaced piston O-Rings

* Removed brine line that goes from Tri-Guard to tank and ensured it is clear and unobstructed

* Removed smaller line from Tri-Guard to valve and made sure it is unobstructed

* Confirmed that the little venturi washer is inserted into the Tri-Guard fitting that the line from the valve connects to

* Confirmed that the screen in between the Tri-Guard line and the valve is clear and unobstructed

* Ensured there is no debris blocking the bottom of the Tri-Guard copper line coming from the valve

* Confirmed that the poppet is installed between the Tri-Guard and the copper line from the valve

* Confirmed that the o-ring on the poppet is in good shape

I'm stumped as to why the unit is not drawing brine.

Thanks,

Jason
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,197 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 11:08 am
@Jasons,
I know nothing about it, but do know that if you click on the tags (water softener, rainsoft) a lot of previous threads on all this will show up. There are probably hundreds..

In the meantime, some present a2k person may see your post and respond.
Jasons

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the reply. I have indeed spent literally hours over the past 3 days scouring these forums and have used a lot of the info gleaned to get to the point that I am now. I'm still missing something though....
0 Replies