I really like this guy but I don't want to date him

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 09:32 am
I have a crush on this really cute guy and I also found out that he likes me. I was so happy! But still, I don't want to date him. I like him romantically, don't get me wrong. I get kind of jealous when he's flirty with other girls. I don't understand my problem coz' its not like I got hurt before, I never dated a guy. I also have this issue: there's another guy who tells me he likes me like every second. he's in all of my classes & is kind of sweet but I feel burdened when a boy tells me he like me. I try to get kind of distant hoping to cool their feelings. This is not the first time. When a boy likes me I get depressed, literally. when I was in grade 9, I was almost the most popular girl in my class & there was this guy who always told me he likes me. there was also another guy, he was popular, athletic and stuff. we got kind of close then all of his friends started making fun of us. they would nudge him when I pass them, they became really nice to me and sometimes they asked me how I feel about him. I never told them anything but it was obvious he liked me. you may think its nice being popular & being liked by a cute guy but, oh no, it wasn't. I was depressed. So depressed. So, is it normal or am I just crazy?

Btw, I'm a 16 yo girl.

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:45 am
@Melanie16,
This is a time of your life when your feelings are all over the place. But it may be something else - perhaps you are asexual, or you're just plain picky.

And all of that is perfectly fine.
ClementineFriend

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 11:52 am
@Melanie16,
I get this. Sometimes it happens to me too. In the past, I had a pattern of picking unavailable guys - you know, the ones who never have both feet in. The ones who don't even consider the future of a relationship. Anyways, I think I was doing it because it kept me safe from the intimacy of a real relationship. Real intimacy can be scary. So this caused me to feel apathetic about guys who openly shared that they liked me. It was like, oh this guy really digs me? Meh...not interested.

AND you are only 16. You have plenty of time to figure yourself out.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 12:37 pm
@Melanie16,
This is all you need to remember.
Quote:
AND you are only 16. You have plenty of time to figure yourself out.
You like these guys but you are not yet ready to date. Nothing wrong with that. Don't be in a hurry to put yourself in a relationship. Trust your gut. You will know when it is time to start dating.

I personally think that kids today get too caught up in the boyfriend/girlfriend thing way too early.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 12:46 pm
@CoastalRat,
Me too.
0 Replies

OregonFlyBy

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 11:06 am
Perhaps you are lesbian? If you were straight, boys would make you feel crazy especially at your age. There is a forum called Empty Closets for these kinds of things, so you'll find plenty answer there. Safe surfing!
0 Replies

Melanie16

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 08:06 am
@jespah,
Thanks for replying!
I don't think I'm asexual or being picky. Maybe like others said, I'm not ready for a relationship. Or maybe I haven't found the right guy yet.
0 Replies

Melanie16

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 08:09 am
@ClementineFriend,
Thanks for replying!
Maybe I'm scared of real relationships & I really hope I figure this out.
0 Replies

Paulstev

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 05:51 am
You're 16. That pretty much sums it up.

Probably just not ready to date yet.
0 Replies