Name for Life Coach Page

AlinaM

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 06:22 am
I am a Personal Coach and try to find a name for my Facebook page. The name should embody what coaching can do for people. Let me know which ones you like most and what you think. Or any other name suggestions? Thanks a lot.
1. Emblaze
2. élan vital
3. Walk Your Life
4. Upgrade Me
5. Jump Start
6. Dream Act Live
7. Life Quest
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,477 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 06:55 am
@AlinaM,
If you're a personal coach, your decision making qualities are what people would be seeking. Wouldn't it be wisest to pick a name that suits you best? What is your feeling about the name?
AlinaM

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 08:46 am
@Ragman,
Dear Ragman,
Thank's a lot for your thoughts.
Sure I can decide, but I would like to consider what people interested in Life Topics would find more attracting as a name. The names I chose here, are already the ones I believe that suits me best. I tend to feel more connected with Emblaze and Dream Act Live. Any of the names you like Ragman?
Ragman

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:49 am
@AlinaM,
Sorry but I haven't any thoughts on this matter. Whatever you choose, it should resonate with you.

The fact is, while I do believe in psychology/some psychologists on the whole, I don't have much faith in Life Coaches. In USA, the qualifications and degree one needs to be a Life Coach is rather murky, at best. Is there a Certification or a license by the state? Do you need a degree in Psychology? What sort of curriculum was there to become one?

I'll save you the trouble. I just looked it up and here's the answer:
"There is no set academic program for life coaches, but training in communication, counseling and teaching is helpful."

Do you know who P.T. Barnum is?
AlinaM

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 02:40 am
@Ragman,
Dear Ragman,

You are right that there are to many coaching schools which offer 2-3 day / 1 month courses with their own certification. Or worse, too many people call them selves coaches without any education. Unfortunately the market is filled with this coaches and people get disappointed and lose their trust in coaching.

In order to find a qualified coach, look for ICF or EMCC qualified coaches. This are 2 of the biggest institutions:
http://www.coachfederation.org/credential/?navItemNumber=502
http://www.emccouncil.org/eu/en/accreditation

For example, coaches who are ICF certified will have the title ACC, PCC or MCC.
E.g. My certification program is recognized by the:
1. European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) at Practitioner level
2. International Coach Federation (ICF) as ACSTH program for 140 hours.
My next Level is to get ACC title, which is acquired through experience that I will have to prove + mentoring hours.

In the end a good coach is one that is:
a) genuinely interested in peoples well being
b) follows the code of ethics (e.g. ICF http://coachfederation.org/about/ethics.aspx?ItemNumber=854&navItemNumber=634)
c) experienced
d) and has the skills to be a coach

Regarding Psychologist/Therapist
The difference is that the Psychologist is trying to fix something broken, he looks in the past, is problem-solution oriented, while a coach considers that the client is whole, creative and capable and will focus on the present to create a better future. Coaching is action oriented.
So this are 2 very different approaches with different aims.

Have you ever experienced coaching?
0 Replies