Q2 - How to set correct starting cam position?

Jasons

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:10 pm
I had to replace the piston o rings and shear pin on a Rainsoft Q2 brass body valve when it stopped mid cycle. After reassembling I am pretty sure the unit is running the cycle incorrectly since it starts draining out the right side drain tube at the start of the cycle now.

I have not been able to find a diagram or instructions showing what the correct cam position should be when the unit is "at rest" (i.e., when ready to start a regen cycle).

Does anyone have a pic or instructions for setting the correct cam position for this unit so that it cycles correctly?

Thanks!

Jason
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,592 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Jasons

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:59 am
@Jasons,
By powering off the system and removing the battery, I believe that the system has reset and based on what I've deduced, it seems that given the design of the motor shaft and other components, the cams cannot really be out of sync on this unit.

I still have two questions that I'd welcome some assistance answering:

1) One issue I'm still having through is that the Tri-guard ball never floats completely to the top during the brine fill operation so it just continues to fill during the first three stages, eventually forcing me to bypass so that it does not overfill. What would the possible causes to this be?

2) Also, the parts diagram calls for 1" O-rings on the pistion, but with 1" OD O-Rings that are 3/8" thick, which seem to match what was on there, the piston requires what seems to be an excessive amount of force to move up and down by hand, even when lubricated with plenty of silicone grease. Does anyone know for sure what the exact O-ring measurements are supposed to be for this Rainsoft Q2 piston?

Thanks!

Jason
Jasons

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 07:23 am
@Jasons,
I mean to say 1/8" thick on that O-ring, not 3/8" thick
0 Replies