Are all atheists just unspiritual self-absorbed robots?

Amoh5

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 04:58 pm
No I don't think so either. I was merely demonstrating the predjudice stereotype thinking towards atheists. Just because one individual of a group behaves a certain way it doesn't mean they represent all other individuals of that group. I know there are a lot of beautiful decent human beings who are atheists and theists. I think some people try and put everyone into pedjudice stereotype categories which doesn't really make sense to me. ----------------------------------------------------------- I hate it when people imply that all Christians are bible literalists. I'm a Christian and I'm not a bible literalist, just a bible moralist. I find bible literalists strange and unusual. I do understand the shock of disbelief that any intelligent human being could believe a lot of bible literature literally. Maybe they just enjoy annoying people? I'm not sure. But yes I like to by-pass any unrealistic magical mythical literature in the bible and focus only on the human morals of Lord Jesus. But I must say that sometimes these magical mythical connotations of the bible can be spiritual metaphors, or just pure myths to jazz up the story to enchant the reader for entertaiment purposes that is. I think it is old school storytelling special effects, of that era anyway. ----------------------------------------------------------- However, I do believe that Lord Jesus is the greatest teacher on human morality that will ever be, regardless of whether we think he existed or not. His ideology doesn't include other species, He loves humanity like a loving Father, he's not anti-human, he's honourable, he's not sexist, he's not scared or perverted, a great character indeed. I do get annoyed with the mythical connotations added to his persona, but maybe it is an old school storytelling special effects technique to enchant the reader of that era. ---------------------------------------------------------- I've always loved science and physics, but physics or any scientist can never teach me how to value human life, I learnt that from Lord Jesus. Science cannot explain what is truely sacred to us, our spirits of emotions and feelings, or our sense of family and morality. Science or physics can only explain the physical universe, not the spiritual/psychological universe. ----------------------------------------------------------- I think the physique of God is the "Sky" because Lord Jesus always uses the term "Heavenly Father" which is the same term as "Sky Father" or "Father Sky", that is also relative to the term "Mother Earth". Most people are familiar with the term "Mother Earth", but not "Father Sky"? I do get the impression that people on these A2k threads are looking for a magical genie type God, because they always insist on some sort of magical evidence or sign in order to believe in a God. They must watch too many Hollywood movies I would think? Not to mention all the special effects of our era. ----------------------------------------------------------- But Christianity is not about the physique of God, but rather the spirit or psychology of God which is family values, honourablity, righteousness and morality. I do think of myself as a realist because I do believe in "the power of positive thinking" which for me comes from the positivity of Lord Jesus. I know how vital it is for any human being to maintain a positive outlook on life to be able to achieve and prosper. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed by all the imperfections and stresses of life. Therefore, we do need some sort of spiritual/psychological guidance to fall back on, well I do anyway. ----------------------------------------------------------- I also love science or physics in the innovative technology fields like electronics, mechanisms, structures, fuel sources and medical cures etc etc. I do believe in evolution in the context that everything evolves to fruition, rather than just materializing instantly to fruition. However, certain evolution techniques and theories still need to be substantiated and presented in a way ordinary people can understand. I have watched documentaries on genetic evolution, but I'm not a geneticist so I can't prove it for myself. But can only rely on the reputation and honesty the geneticist conveys. Just because a person can speak in technical terminologies and grammar doesn't necessarily mean they are always right. It is only logical to seek better evidence that is substantially clear and undisputable. But I must say it is an amazing science. As a Christian I do think that science, evolution and the universe belongs to God. ----------------------------------------------------------- I do wish everyone at A2k the best of wellness and prosperity whether you are an atheist or not. As I always say, whatever keeps you well and happy whether it be atheism, theism, deism or selfism etc etc, then it must be all good. But if it doesn't, try Christianity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 6,641 • Replies: 111
Topic Closed

Leadfoot

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 08:54 pm
@Amoh5,
Lot of valid points Amoh5.

One thing that always mystifies me about atheists is their frequent charge that theists anthropomorphize God. If they don't think he even exists, how can they know that theists are falsely characterizing him?

BTW Amoh, carriage returns don't cost anything, feel free to use them :-)
ossobuco

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 09:10 pm
wall o'god text
0 Replies

Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 12:37 am
@Leadfoot,
I get peed off with atheists who think all Christians are not practical thinkers and don't have any grip on the real world. Plus some atheists like to think that life is all physical and there is no spiritual/psychological universe, like we can function almost like unemotional robots that have only eyes and no ears. Some atheists like to get really physical with God, like they won't believe in him unless he performs some magical feat for evidence, which to me is quite childish. They want a magical genie God because they can't face the real world, or they want special treatment from all other species. As a Christian I know God is not about physics, God is about spirituality/psychology, our sense of morality, righteousness, honourability and family which Lord Jesus reminds us of. Sure I don't think I'm perfect, but at least I have Lord Jesus to fall back on to remind me how to think like a human being, especally if I'm overwhelmed by the imperfections and stresses of life. It's funny about some atheists because everything has to be physical, which reminds me of the parential line towards kids that don't listen: Are your ears just painted on or what?
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:34 am

Yes, yes we are . . .

FBM

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:41 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Lot of valid points Amoh5.

One thing that always mystifies me about atheists is their frequent charge that theists anthropomorphize God. If they don't think he even exists, how can they know that theists are falsely characterizing him?

BTW Amoh, carriage returns don't cost anything, feel free to use them :-)

Laughing
eurocelticyankee

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:03 am
@Amoh5,
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHLuyBDGwMBFVMDfXxUtfD1hA67smFlamPJVwgz5iQXsn5wdgG

Does not compute!.

Danger Amoh5 Danger!!
Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:18 am
@Setanta,
You are at liberty to believe what you will, I had to laugh when I read your post. At least your honest, and if it keeps you well and happy thats awesome with me. After all that is the main objective to all our beliefs.
Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:23 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Nah, I like Dr Smith hes the trouble maker like me,hehehe
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:24 am
@Amoh5,
Atheists are characterized by what they don't believe . . .

Zoom

That was the sound of the point of that post shooting right over your head.
Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:38 am
@Setanta,
I'll rephrase that then: You are at liberty to think what you will.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:57 am
ZOOM
Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:56 am
@Setanta,
I was merely contemplating the predjudice stereotyping of different perceptions of psychology whether it be atheism, theism, deism or whatever. Like racial predjudice, just because one individual of a group behaves a certain way, it doesn't mean they represent all individuals of that group. There are ratbags in every group and there are decent respectable ones. I don't agree with a lot of ideas I hear from other Christians but I think this is a similar scenario with atheists. We don't all think alike to one ideal, we all vary in our views. So you can't say all Christians are like this or that because it's not true. Some people would think Christians don't have a sense of humor. I had to laugh when I read one of your posts stating the term "Big Sky Daddy" I thought that was hilarious (Christian term Heavenly Father)
Leadfoot

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:41 pm
@FBM,
So you're saying that God is a She? You illustrated my point perfectly. If you don't think God exists, why would that make the slightest difference from the atheist perspective? Seriously, I'd like to know why the male pronoun would set off alarms.
Setanta

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:21 pm
@Amoh5,
You spoke of what i think. If i tell you what i believe, or what i don't believe, that's not what i think that's what i know. I'm the only one who can know. Assuming that atheists are just like any other group, especially comparing them to religionists of any flavor, is rather dull-witted. Atheists only have in common that they don't believe in gods. It's not a polemical or philosophical position, it's just saying: "I don't believe that." Comparing atheists to the adherents of any religious confession is pretty damned foolish. "Magic sky daddy" is not at all the same as some pious crap like "heavenly father."
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:43 pm
Amoh5 wrote:

We are The Robots
0 Replies

najmelliw

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:33 pm
Life would be so much easier as an unspiritual self-absorbed robot...

Alas, it's not the life for me. Firstly, because I'm no atheist. Secondly, because I already acknowledged to being foreign scum today, and you can't really subscribe to two entirely different things I think. That can't be good for my mental rigidity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:52 pm
@Setanta,
I agree, for sure. And I even listened to the robot music interlude.

On the other hand, give the selection over the years of people who disagree with atheists, this person isn't so bad.

I'll be going now, since I'm lacking not only belief, but interest.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

So you're saying that God is a She? You illustrated my point perfectly. If you don't think God exists, why would that make the slightest difference from the atheist perspective? Seriously, I'd like to know why the male pronoun would set off alarms.

I don't care what gender you imagine your invisible friend to be. I was pointing out the self-contradiction in you complaining about being accused of anthropomorphizing and then doing it in the same sentence. Rolling Eyes
Amoh5

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:40 pm
I'm not condemning any atheist, if atheism works for you then thats awesome, I mean the main object of our perceptions is that it keeps us well and happy. I've tried atheism but it doesn't work for me. Being a Christian has helped me be a better more positive human being. But what I'm saying is that not all Christians think exactly the same way, we vary like any other group. Just because one self proclaimed atheist behaves in a rude and hysterical manner, I'm not going to think they all behave or think this way. It reminds me of the racial predjudice mentality. We Christians are only human, we cry, we laugh, we stress out and fall from grace like everyone else. But we know how to get back up and continue with the battle of life. As a Christian I never claim perfection over any human being. But I don't think that we should behave rudely and hysterical towards one another whether we are atheists, theists, deists or whatever. There is a fine line between being respectful and disrespectful.