I Think I know Why A2K is Left Leaning

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:31 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is, after long consideration, is that left wing is anyone who disagrees with Hawkeye.

Ooo ooo . . . me . . . that would be me.

I agree with what you've said. People mix economic systems and political systems and systems of social and personal morality. All the better to demonize those with whom they disagree.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:40 pm
Definitely leans left of me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:49 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
I agree that for a long time the Republican party has been pulling Democratic party to the right.

The people moved right, and the D party moved right with them. There are a lot of claims that people are moving left now which are usually pegged to a rising tolerance of gays and the gender confused, the support for weed, the decline of support for corporate America and support for boosting the min wage. Could be but what they call a move to the left I call a rebellion of the little people against the elite, I never thought that the Right was the party of the elite, in my view the elite have owned both parties for a long time.
Real Music

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 10:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes, I agree both political parties are own by big money. Both parties have demonstrated through their legislative actions or legislative inactions that they are own by big money. Although, I believe that both parties are kissing the ass of big money, the Republican party is 10 times worse. The Dems are no where near as bad as the Republicans when it comes to obeying the big money masters. There is a HUGE difference between the two parties.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 11:21 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
. The Dems are no where near as bad as the Republicans when it comes to obeying the big money masters. There is a HUGE difference between the two parties.

Right, that is why the D's even more than the R's have been supportive of the Feds $3.5 trillion dollar subsidy of the debt markets, a debt market that profits almost exclusively the wealthy. Things are not much different here than they are in Europe, where the Greek people have suffered a devastating depression but the wealthy who owned the debt all got paid in full, with the EU taxpayers buying the debt.

And how many Wall Street crooks did the D's demand see the inside of a jail cell?

You have been conned my friend.
parados

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:11 am
@hawkeye10,
So the definition of right/left is based on who they jail or don't jail?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 11:24 am
@parados,
By definition those who dont fight the little peoples causes are not on the little peoples side.
parados

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 11:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Really? So since you don't feed the homeless that means you are not on the little people's side.

I always knew you were a selfish a-hole but by your own definition you seem to want to prove it.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 02:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
The irony is strong in this one.
Quote:

Signature
VOTE TRUMP

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 02:52 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

The irony is strong in this one.
Quote:

Signature
VOTE TRUMP

Only if he is not serious about wanting the job, and at this point I am not sold. If Trump does not run then in all likelihood I become a Sanders supporter.

Quote:
The top strategist to 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney doesn't think 2016 front-runner Donald Trump will even be in the race when the first votes are cast.

Stuart Stevens, an unaligned strategist who spearheaded Romney's successful bid for the GOP nomination, said Monday that Trump is likely scared of losing.

"I don't think he's going to be on the ballot by February 1," Stevens told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead." "The greatest sin in his value system is to be a loser, and most people who run for president lose. I don't think he'll risk it."

Trump enjoys a solid, but shrinking, lead nationally and in early voting states. But he said last week, "If I fell behind badly, I would certainly get out."

On Monday evening, Trump tweeted, "Political strategist Stuart Stevens, who led Romney down the tubes in what should have been an easy victory, has terrible political instincts!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/politics/donald-trump-stuart-stevens-mitt-romney/index.html
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 03:22 pm
@parados,
The confusion over left and right is why I use conservative and liberal when refering to U S politics.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 05:10 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/51/03/4651031e199584e15518435378568b8a.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 11:49 am
mark
0 Replies