Need help! Advice please!!!

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 09:44 pm
My friend (celi) wants me to go to Homecoming with her brother. I don't mind going with him, like he is cute, he is in Varsity Football, and I heard from my friends that he is really nice, and sweet even though he has a very serious face. Anyways you might be thinking what's the problem then. Well the problem is that I don't talk to him at all, yea we pass by each other like every single day, he knows me ONLY by sight because (celi) and I hang out, (celi) is in Color Guard, and I'm in band, but anyways we don't talk to each other. I've told her that I don't know him and she's like well that's why should go with him so you two get to know each other. But all I know from him is that his name is Alex, he is a junior, he plays football, and he is really close to his sister (celi). That is all I know, so I feel like its going to be really awkward, and weird. So then (celi) told me to ask him instead? But should I? I want to but at the same time I don't because I'm really scared for his response, or rejection, or if I ask him and he already has a date. I'm just really scared and nervous for everything. Should I ask him or not? And if I do ask him? How do I ask him? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 852 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:48 am
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Ask him if you want to ask him. If you don't, then don't bother.

You're right; there's a possibility that he will say no - just like there is every single time anyone asks a yes or no question.

A no answer will not make the earth swallow you up, whole.
engineer

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:58 am
@jespah,
It also sounds like your friend has smoothed the way for you and her brother is shy and she wants to help him out. Consider it a favor to a friend that might work out in your favor as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 11:16 am
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Homecoming isn't something we do here so I don't know the protocol, but ... does it have to be a date-date? could it be something you both do with a group of friends?
Paaskynen

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 11:53 am
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Hello Karla,
From my very distant and different location, it seems to me that your problem could be solved by you asking the young man out on a low-commitment date and letting him know (in clear terms, he is a boy after all) that you are (un)willing to be his Homecoming date. And let your friend know what you told him, so that he will get the message confirmed from two angles.
0 Replies

KarlaJackieMoralez99

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 02:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Yea both, but I even know anymore Sad Sad
tony5732

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:34 pm
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Just ask him. Sounds like he is just not good at talking to girls. He's probably more spooked than you are.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:09 pm
You hardly know him, and there's this pressure to ask him to a school dance?

That's too much for anyone to handle. Sounds like neither you or he is ready for this kind of activity right now. In fact, I bet he resents his sister trying to run his life.

Get a gang of kids together and decide to all go to the dance and have a good time.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 11:57 am
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Why don't you ask your friend celi if she wants you ask him, because he wants to go with you, but he is too shy to ask. If they are so close she would no - then there is no chance for rejection - my guess is this is the case otherwise she wouldn't be pushing for it. Have celi introduce you two in the mean time so you are in a position to talk.

Then just go have fun - if you find you don't get along, then hang with celi which I guess is most likely what will happen any way - that you, celi's brother, celi and her date will all hang.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 10:16 pm
@KarlaJackieMoralez99,
Think of it like your first roller coaster. Really scary and intimidating before you try it, and than infinitely fun afterwards. It sounds to me like you have NOTHING to lose and anything to gain. Guys like a go getter just as much as a girl does, and the hardest part about it is just being the ice breaker. The consequences for him saying no are exactly the same if you don't ask him at all, remember that part.
0 Replies