Please help

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:13 am
My 15 yr old son came home with some popcorn the other day, I believe it may contain some type of illegal drug I say this because it smells like chemicals and he won't tell me who he got the popcorn from. All he will say is that a kid from school gave it to him. The popcorn looks like regular butter popcorn, but it smells like a strong chemical or something (mint, tea tree) it's just not right. My mother tasted the popcorn and said that she couldn't get the taste out of her mouth. I did some research online and found that you can make popcorn with weed, but it doesn't smell like it at all (I know what weed smells like). My question is if weed is cooked with popcorn would their be a smell? And if so can it be covered up with some type of chemicals? or is it something else that I'm not aware of?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,344 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 12:56 pm
There are so many flavorings now for popcorn, so who knows?

What was your son's behavior about this popcorn? (change in behavior? High?)

There's just not a lot to go on, here, except smelly popcorn.

You could call the HS and ask a counselor if there is anything going around using popcorn as the carrier.

(Also - Talk to your son about eating or drinking things that are "handed to you" by other teenagers.)
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:38 pm
@cndunca79,
The Chemicals you can smell/taste are more than likely within the weed that was sold to this kid.

I have some "friends" in the Police force and as a Property Manager, we had 1 incident of finding this stuff on a premise. The Drug dealers put the chemicals into the weed, to give a bit more of a high than usual to the person taking it, making them want to come back to them only, for more.

The chemicals are dangerous, can make a person sick.

Your Son is putting chemicals into his body. It sounds as if you are ok with weed and you know enough about it, smelt it even and I won't say anything in that regard, after all it comes from the ground not man made.

BUT, the chemicals these big wigs put into it and on-sell it, is man made, dangerous and will cause health problems.

You need to educate him if you are going to accept him taking weed that what is out there is laced and dangerous, as you suspect. Perhaps google it and find some horror stories to deter him full stop.
0 Replies