Squeakybro

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 02:56 pm
@neologist,
that wasn't about you
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 02:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Anyone can demonstrate the Holy Spirit. But for the sheep they need to see it done.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 03:52 pm
@neologist,
I hope you know that if you cant prove apostasy, then you are bearing false witness.
neologist

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 08:25 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
. . . from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. (Acts 20:30)
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 09:13 pm
@neologist,
They do that with flattery. And always complaining. Like you have been doing lately.

Jude 1:16
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
(NKJ)

najmelliw

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 08:01 am
@Squeakybro,
In that case, you are most certainly not part of that group. Rather than flattering them, I think you have offended pretty much everyone who bothered conversing with you. Way to go!
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 08:20 am
@Squeakybro,
Neo wrote:
from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. (Acts 20:30)

Squeaky wrote:
They do that with flattery. And always complaining. Like you have been doing lately.

do they? that's not what that scripture is about. Neo's scripture is self explanatory, these ones speak twisted words to draw the disciples after themselves. i.e reinterpreting scripture to alter it's meaning, using partial truths and tortured reasoning to gather followers away from the congregation.
When you reinterpret scripture, using it's words to create new meanings, or add support to your exegesis, some will perceive this as an example of Neo's warning.
Quote:
I'm am sent to demonstrate the Spirit. And if you truly know the Holy Spirit you won't reject me, or argue with me.

I have no intention to argue Squeaky, but based on your teachings, your use of scripture and your conduct on the forum this far, my friend I am far from convinced that this is the case. I have no doubt though that you believe you are however, and for this reason I hope that you are right and I am wrong or that you come to your senses.
I wish you peace my friend, not malice
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:21 am
@Smileyrius,
It started years ago with change of how scripture is taught. They used to preach hell fire and damnation. Which is what I see in scripture. Now they preach to support one another in love. Lets take all the damnation out of the Word and only preach the good things. They now call coveting and lust as love. Now they support their denomination instead of the bible. Churches have turned into social gatherings where everyone supports their members rather than the truth.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:26 am
@najmelliw,
Well it isn't me that offended them. It is the truth that offended them. I post the Word of God. The Word of God will arouse any unclean spirits in someone. And that is what it is suppose to do. It brings any unclean spirits to the surface so you can resist them and believe what is written. But sadly most give into them and cry "I'm offended".

James 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 10:01 am
@Squeakybro,
It is true that the churches have diluted their message.
Quote:
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3,4, NIV)
But hell fire has never been a true Christian teaching.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:27 am
@neologist,
The bible teaches it.
HELL FIRE
Matt 5:22
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mark 9:43-48
43 "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
44 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
45 "And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
46 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
47 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire--
48 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
2 Pet 2:4
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;
Heb 10:29
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Matt 12:40
40 "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Acts 2:31-32
31 "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.
32 "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
James 3:6
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
Rev 6:8
8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.
Rev 20:13-15
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8
8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
Rev 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(NKJ)
Eph 4:8-10
8 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men."
9 (Now this, "He ascended"-- what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
John 5:25
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
1 Pet 4:6
6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
(NKJ)
XXX Hell is a jail for spirits. To be held until the final judgment day. Then those who do not receive mercy will be tosed into the eternal lake of fire. Forever, and ever. Some people were condemned in the old testament by the old testament law. That later Jesus would forgive. Some were condemned that will stay condemned. Some just lay asleep in their grace. Some in the new testament will go to hell and then down the eternal lake of fire. Some will just go to sleep and wait for judgment day.

Rev 14:9-11
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)

Matt 13:39-40
39 "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
(NKJ)

Matt 25:41
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:46 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

The bible teaches it. Actually, not.
HELL FIRE
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mark 9:43-48
43 "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
44 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
45 "And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
46 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
47 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire--
48 "where 'Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'
Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
2 Pet 2:4
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;
Heb 10:29
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Matt 12:40
40 "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Acts 2:31-32
31 "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.
32 "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
James 3:6
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
Rev 6:8
8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.
Rev 20:13-15
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8
8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
Rev 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(NKJ)
Eph 4:8-10
8 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men."
9 (Now this, "He ascended"-- what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)
John 5:25
25 "Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
1 Pet 4:6
6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
(NKJ)
XXX Hell is a jail for spirits. To be held until the final judgment day. Then those who do not receive mercy will be tosed into the eternal lake of fire. Forever, and ever. Some people were condemned in the old testament by the old testament law. That later Jesus would forgive. Some were condemned that will stay condemned. Some just lay asleep in their grace. Some in the new testament will go to hell and then down the eternal lake of fire. Some will just go to sleep and wait for judgment day. Where do you get this?

Rev 14:9-11
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)

Matt 13:39-40
39 "The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.
40 "Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.
(NKJ)

Matt 25:41
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
(NKJ)
Mostly, you just fail to research the words often translated as "hell". Smiley has tutored you on this before. But you ignored him.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:58 am
@neologist,
you said

I said
Don't tell me you think this has already passed. That only happens at the final judgment day. NOT yet.
And whether you know it or not a born again Christian cant be tutored carnally. It has to be done with the verses.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:29 pm
@neologist,
you said

Do people still die? And people still go to hell.
neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 01:51 pm
@Squeakybro,
There will be a time when death will be no more (Revelation 21:4).
And the grave will no longer exist.

The idea that a loving God could assign infinite punishment for finite sins is a despicable lie.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 03:50 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

The idea that a loving God could assign infinite punishment for finite sins is a despicable lie.

Assuming that it were a lie, what's particularly despicable about it?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 04:27 pm
@neologist,
Then you don't know God. He cannot lie. Just like I told you the bible teaches all about hell fire.
neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
Sorry that's so difficult for you to understand.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:16 pm
@Squeakybro,
Jesus was here expanding on the mosaic law, teaching the principle behind it as he did with other laws. Murderers were not given a proper burial at the time, rather they were thrown into Gehenna, one of the valleys around Jerusalem which was laced with sulphur, the body would be burned along with Jerusalem's waste and refuse not worthy of remembrance. His word picture would have made perfect sense to the Jews at the time.

Matthew 5 22 shows Jesus warning that if you continue wrathful against your brother i.e wanting him dead, this is as bad in Gods eyes as committing the act itself. James 1:15 gives some decent incite as to why.

I can assure you Squeaky, Hellfire is not a biblical teaching, although based on your choice of translation, considering the beliefs and methods of teaching of the mainstream Churches when the King James bible was translated, I can see why you be led to think that it is.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Churches have turned into social gatherings where everyone supports their members rather than the truth.

This much I am 100% in agreement, many today want their ears tickled and their consciences alleviated, seeking religion rather than seeking truth
0 Replies