How Did You Learn The Bible?

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 08:55 am
@Squeakybro,
My friend, if you did not use logic to test the spirit you receive your revelations by, by what means did you test it? When the spirit you speak to changes the meanings of scriptures as written, turning them into what amounts to conflict in scripture, this raises alarm bells for me. I would expect that the Holy Spirit to complement scripture, rather than trump it. Scripture used out of context should not conflict or replace scripture in context.

Your application of Jesus words "all that came before me were thieves and robbers" to incriminate every bible writer or patriarch of old is in direct conflict with Hebrews 11. I ask that you consult your spirit again. The Apostle Paul did here mention the prophets, the Patriarchs and men and women of faith, and he holds them up as shining examples of faith.
Romans 15: 4 - does the spirit disagree with Paul regarding "the things written aforehand".
In Hebrews 6 we are asked to become imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised, it specifically goes on to name Abraham.
Are we to imitate a thief and a robber? how do we imitate someone whose example we must look into the Hebrew Scriptures to examine?

If you have the Holy Spirit is truly speaking with you, I trust in your patience, that you will understand the motivation for my concern.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 09:05 am
@Smileyrius,
There are many things that have been hidden sense the foundation of the world. That God said He would only reveal through the Holy Spirit.

THE HIDDEN MYSTERY
1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
Rom 16:24-26
24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
John 16:33
33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
1 Cor 2:15
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
1 Cor 4:1
1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
1 Cor 2:4-7
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Eph 1:7-9
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
Col 1:24-27
24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,
25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Col 2:2-3
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
1 Tim 3:9
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
Rev 10:7
7 but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.
Eph 3:1-12
1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles--
2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
John 10:14
14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
John 10:27
27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5-7
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
(NKJ)
xxxxx The hidden mystery. The hidden power. The hidden Teacher. Walking after the Holy Spirit.
Every verse is a spiritual principle and only the Holy Spirit can bring them principles together in a way that can purge your mind of carnality and deception. And He does it one verse at a time. But it is also the only way to purify the conscience(your book of beliefs). This is the mystery that has been hidden from generation to generation.

1 Tim 1:5
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
(NKJ)

1 Tim 3:9
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
(NKJ)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

XXX The hidden mystery is Christ in you. And the only proof of this is the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Col 1:27
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 09:22 am
@Squeakybro,
You really haven't answered Smiley's concern. An avalanche of cut and paste explains nothing.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 09:26 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:

My friend, if you did not use logic to test the spirit you receive your revelations by, by what means did you test it? When the spirit you speak to changes the meanings of scriptures as written, turning them into what amounts to conflict in scripture, this raises alarm bells for me. I would expect that the Holy Spirit to complement scripture, rather than trump it. Scripture used out of context should not conflict or replace scripture in context.
Nicely said.

My basic guideline for interpreting scripture is that if you look at it with the right perspective, there will be no contradictions. For me, the 'right perspective' turned out to be different than any organized religion I know of.

Trying to completely describe one's perspective in a forum post is not possible, but I often compare it to looking at one of those visual puzzles that look like a random pattern when focused on like any picture in front of you. But when you stare at it the right way, a coherent 3 dimensional picture of something appears to float from the page. The way to see the encoded picture is to focus your eyes as if you were looking into the far distance or infinity.

I think the bible must be read that same way - focused on infinity.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:05 pm
@neologist,
lol And you call yourself a Christian. Its called demonstrating the Spirit.

1 Cor 2:1-7

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
Well if you look at it that way, you will never find the Holy Spirit.
neologist

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
And you call yourself a Christian.

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Well if you look at it that way, you will never find the Holy Spirit.
Lucky for me, it's not your call.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:12 pm
@neologist,
A born again Christian knows the hidden language of the Holy Spirit. And can read from it.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Your right. But it is Gods call. Don't you know yet that this is the way that God can separate the truly born again from the hypocrites and satan.

Matt 15:13-14
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:29 pm
Don't you understand yet, that many who call themselves Christians are not. And that many so called Christians will be disqualified, fall from grace, and fall short of their salvation. And their names will be taken out of the book of life.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

People better start fearing God before its to late.

Luke 1:50-51
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with His arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
(NKJ)

Rev 19:5
5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!"
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 04:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Don't you understand yet, that many who call themselves Christians are not. . ? ? !
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:30 pm
@neologist,
They are hypocrites.
neologist

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 05:35 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
They are hypocrites.
Yes.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2015 06:55 pm
@neologist,
Hypocrite is a want-to-be Christian.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 04:00 am
@Squeakybro,
I appreciate your response Squeaky, The revelation you posted was interesting, but it wasn't applicable, There may well be mysteries in scripture, but we aren't talking about something secret here, we are talking about the identity of the thieves and robbers that Jesus was warning about, the ones that would try to mislead the sheep. The spirit you consult uses scriptures out of context and has created a conflict with other scriptures of the new testament. Calling it a mystery is not helpful.

Should we imitate those men and women of faith in the Hebrew Scriptures, the patriarchs and the bible writers etc or Should we treat them as thieves and robbers?

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 04:44 am
Some have the patience of Job...
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 07:20 am
@Smileyrius,
You still don't see it. The mystery is knowing the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. The thieves and robbers are those who don't know the Holy Spirit. Those that teach scripture with the carnal language(without verses). It is so clear to me.
najmelliw

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 07:30 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

You still don't see it. The mystery is knowing the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. The thieves and robbers are those who don't know the Holy Spirit. Those that teach scripture with the carnal language(without verses). It is so clear to me.

Ah, but what version of the bible does the Holy Spirit quote?

Let me guess... the KJV or the NKJ, right?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 07:48 am
@najmelliw,
I read a lot of different versions. But the KJV and the NKJV are the only two that the Holy Spirit ever quoted to me.
0 Replies