0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:11 pm
@InfraBlue,
Kind of makes you squirm, eh?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
Does he use the NWT?? And what is the NWT?
neologist

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Must be the New World Translation. Blue has a phobia about it.

Brrrr!
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:44 pm
@neologist,
Beware Of False Doctrines (False Bibles)
Luke 20:46-47
46 "Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts,
47 "who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."
Heb 13:9
9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
Matt 15:8-9
8 'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
Col 2:20-23
20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
22 which all concern things which perish with the using-- according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
1 Tim 4:1-2
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
1 Tim 6:1
1 Let as many bondservants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and His doctrine may not be blasphemed.
Titus 2:6-8
6 Likewise exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
1 Tim 4:15-16
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
John 7:16-18
16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.
17 "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
2 Tim 2:14-16
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
XXX There are false bibles out there. You should be ware of which ones they are.
neologist

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:54 pm
@Squeakybro,
There are some translations that make the truth difficult to discern. But the real impediment comes from one's inclination to accept only the comfortable explanations. such as:
No need to inquire as to the definitions of words.
Lack of attention to the full Bible. Many copies contain only Psalms, Proverbs, and the Greek Texts.
I learned the truth from the King James and am perfectly willing to use that in my ministry.
anthony1312002

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes, I primarily use the nwt. But I also these versions in comparison in my study

New World Translation
1Th 5:21Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.

Kingdom Interline are (Greek text)
1Th 5:21πάντα all (things) δὲ but δοκιμάζετε, be YOU proving, τὸ the καλὸν fine (thing) κατέχετε, be YOU holding down,

Byington
1Th 5:21but try the quality of everything, hold on to what is good,

American Standard Version
1Th 5:21prove all things; hold fast that which is good;

King James Version
1Th 5:21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
anthony1312002

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:49 pm
@Squeakybro,
I primarily use the nwt. But I also these versions in comparison in my study

New World Translation
1Th 5:21Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.

Kingdom Interline are (Greek text)
1Th 5:21πάντα all (things) δὲ but δοκιμάζετε, be YOU proving, τὸ the καλὸν fine (thing) κατέχετε, be YOU holding down,

Byington
1Th 5:21but try the quality of everything, hold on to what is good,

American Standard Version
1Th 5:21prove all things; hold fast that which is good;

King James Version
1Th 5:21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 07:05 pm
@neologist,
And yet there is only one guarantee from God. And so many avoid looking for Him because of their denomination. But when one finds the only guarantee He interprets, defines and guides with the deeper things of God.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Eph 1:14
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 1:22
22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 07:06 pm
@anthony1312002,
One can loose the truth with to many options.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 09:55 pm
@neologist,
The NWT makes me laugh seeing how the Jehovah's Witnesses mold it to fit their dogma.
neologist

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 12:10 am
@InfraBlue,
What we know as research you perceive as dogma.
Noted.
Sorry the 'dogma' has bitten your bias.
Does it hurt?
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 05:10 am
@InfraBlue,
There is to much deception in dogma.

2 Tim 3:13-15
13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 4:1-2

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 06:17 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
1 Tim 4:1. . . giving heed to deceiving spirits . . .
Sound familiar?
anthony1312002

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 06:31 am
@Squeakybro,
Not if one relies upon his heavenly Father for guidance. The beautiful and wonderful thing is, Jehovah God understands us in our efforts to get to know him and his Son Jesus Christ. And when he sees a sincere effort on our part to really study his Word so as to know it intimately, he blesses that effort.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:13 am
@neologist,
I know I think that is what you have been doing.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:18 am
@anthony1312002,
I think you misunderstand "sincere effort". To many choices causes confusion and God is not the author of confusion.

1 Cor 14:33
33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 12:27 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
What we know as research you perceive as dogma.
Noted.
Sorry the 'dogma' has bitten your bias.
Does it hurt?

You warp your research to fit your dogma; talk about bias.
It hurts it's so risible.
neologist

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 01:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
I'd much prefer to set my own standards.
A lot of folks are like that.
Some give in. Some don't
But it's the same choice given Adam.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 02:37 pm
@neologist,
Do you make your own choice or does your denomination?
0 Replies