How Did You Learn The Bible?

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 10:35 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Are you saying that when Paul spoke of "all scripture" he was just using a figure of speech?

You and Blue make quite a pair Laughing

Ad hominem attacks evidence the vacuousness of your argument.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
To whom should I apologize?
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:42 pm
@neologist,
Yourself.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 04:34 am
@neologist,
To God. For allowing your emotions to override a spiritual discussion of Gods Word.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 02:35 pm
To neither.
It is my assesment of your exegeses, not of your personalities, unless you take it as such.
I'm quite sure you are both of fine character. Were we to meet in some public place, we would get along just fine.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 05:24 pm
@neologist,
I don't think we would get along. The first time someone tells me their a Christian. I ask them if they know the Holy Spirit. You would say yes but prove to be lying. Your an intellectual Christian. They worship in the flesh. I worship in the Spirit. You are carnally minded. I am spiritually minded.

Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 12:01 pm
@Squeakybro,
I could probably show you a few things about fire building you haven't seen, though.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 12:17 pm
@neologist,
lolol Seeing as how I don't start fires I don't need to know.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 05:05 pm
@neologist,
Your supposition of our characters is irrelevant to the issues at hand. Your snide remark spoke absolutely nothing to what Paul might have said, or anything I've been writing.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 05:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
He has always tried to run a little camouflage
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 05:35 pm
@Squeakybro,
You don't camp on your hunting trips?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 05:39 pm
@neologist,
I didn't know that.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 05:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
That makes sense, since you apparently have no idea what Paul was saying or how it pertains to the integriy of the Bible.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 08:01 pm
@neologist,
Paul isn't the one that said that I don't camp when I go hunting. You said that. Are you having trouble focusing on a subject?
neologist

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 09:13 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Paul isn't the one that said that I don't camp when I go hunting. You said that. Are you having trouble focusing on a subject?
Glad you noticed.
But I was talking to Blue.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 09:38 pm
@neologist,
I apologize . I will try to be more observant.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 12:32 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

That makes sense, since you apparently have no idea what Paul was saying or how it pertains to the integriy of the Bible.

So you resorted to ad hominems contrary to your claim that you didn't.

And we're supposed to want to live with a bunch of people like you forever? Jehovah and his Witnesses leave much to be desired.
neologist

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 01:18 am
@InfraBlue,
I am sorry that my criticism comes across as personal attack.
I am far from perfect and have yet to find a more kindly way to tell you when you are flat out wrong.

I suppose then it's a good thing you would not be forced to live forever. Although Squeaky might disagree with me.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 03:33 am
@neologist,
You said

You don't camp on your hunting trips?

I said
Why don't you explain that one.
neologist

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2015 11:00 am
@Squeakybro,

When I camp, I enjoy a campfire.
Good for cooking
Warmth
Ambience

I am a self proclaimed fire building expert.
I have supplied many scout troops and other organizations with materials such as flints, waterproof matches, etc.

I may have called your attention to my sales at gun shows. I think that was when you first mentioned hunting.

At any rate, I have mentioned it several times in other threads. Even posted. Instructions with a video.

http://able2know.org/topic/211887-1