How Did You Learn The Bible?

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:45 am
@Smileyrius,
You misunderstand. The changes that I'm talking about there is the different context that the Holy Spirit puts the verses in. Same Word just changed the order in which they are written. And your right I don't believe in adding to or taking away from the Word(verses).

I don't understand your example.

I Jn 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:47 am
@Smileyrius,
You misunderstand. The changes that I'm talking about there is the different context that the Holy Spirit puts the verses in. Same Word just changed the order in which they are written. And your right I don't believe in adding to or taking away from the Word(verses). It says very plainly that everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables.

Matt 13:34
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
(NKJ)

I don't understand your example.

I Jn 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
(NKJ)

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:49 am
@Smileyrius,
That Greek concept is found in the various Greek books of the Bible, as well.
neologist

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:02 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The Greek word, yes. What makes you say the Greek concept?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:06 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
The Greek word, yes. What makes you say the Greek concept?

That Greek concept is found in the various Greek books of the Bible through the words that you're referring to and the meanings and concepts they convey.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 02:04 pm
Why in the world do you engage in these ridiculous conversations. Just show where it says what ever your claiming, word or concept.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 02:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
You've already provided biblical passages in regard to the concept of hell and the words used thereof.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 06:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
I know so what is the dispute then?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 08:47 pm
@Squeakybro,
The dispute is about what the words are saying in regard to the concept of "hell."
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
Your kidding me right?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:13 pm
@Squeakybro,
Nope.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:09 am
@Squeakybro,
The verse does not appear in any of the early Greek texts, or in the Latin Vulgate, it was also not quoted by any of the early church leaders as part of the text, but somehow found its way into some of the later latin translations, when the Trinitarian belief was being violently disputed.
It was originally left out of the first and second editions of what is known as the Textus Receptus (a close predecessor to the KJV) until Erasmus conceded to intense pressure from the Catholic church. It has since become a key verse in support for the Trinitarian belief. Spurious no?

How do you spot a counterfeit?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 07:35 am
@Smileyrius,
Are you talking about the word hell?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 07:45 am
@Squeakybro,
no my friend, I should have referenced it, I was talking about I Jn 5:7-8
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 08:19 am
@Smileyrius,
Oh I see. Well as you know I don't believe in the trinity concept anyway.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 05:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Absolutely, you and I agree, the example however was of how theology has influenced translations of the bible. So rather than rely on the integrity of the translators, a good concordance can give you a better picture of what was actually written rather than the translators prescribed understanding according to his faith..
It is about seeking accurate knowledge (Colossians 1:9,10) and not ones own wisdom.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 06:12 pm
@Smileyrius,
We look at it a little different. I see it as stumbling stones. God put stumbling stones in scripture. Just like Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. I would never refer to Gods Word as the "tranlators" Or do anything to put doubts in readers minds. God had a reason for doing it the way He did. I understand all that. The Holy Spirit does reveal all that to a person. But that is more private than public.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:01 am
@Squeakybro,
If you start a conversation out full of doubts about the way the bible is written you could cause new comers to doubt what they read. Even before they start understanding.

Mark 9:42
42 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:47 am
@Squeakybro,

1 Cor 8:9-13
9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.
10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols?
11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.
13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 01:27 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you believe the KJV to be divinely inspired and free from error?