How Did You Learn The Bible?

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 06:28 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well you do have a right to your own opinion. Even if it is wrong. Ofcourse I don't trust your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Rom 12:16
16 . . . Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)
Indeed. That would include pride in your special relationship with a 'spirit'
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:45 pm
@neologist,
To many people worship their preacher instead of God. That is why they never find the Holy Spirit. To many worship what the preachers says instead of what God says. God says there is only one guaranteed teacher and that is the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Look I'm showing you just what it says. And where to find it. But because of what your preacher has told you. You cant believe what the Word says.

You cant even discern the difference between pride and boldness.

Phil 1:14
14 and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
(NKJ)

1Thes 2:2
2 But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God in much conflict.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 07:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
To (sic) many people worship their preacher instead of God. That is why they never find the Holy Spirit. . .
Did you mean too many people? You should say that, then. Why keep us in ignorance over your point?

Can you think of any other errors that may befall folks looking for accurate knowledge of the scriptures?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 08:07 pm
@neologist,
There is an evidence that always appears when one is convicted.

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 09:48 pm
@neologist,
You can't articulate your opinion?
neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:55 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Loving God addressed as "father" by Jesus in Matthew 6:9 and in other places.
What might be your opinion of a father who punishes his children by burning with fire? Even for an instant? Yet many preachers through the ages have thought it reasonable to so punish wrongdoers for an eternity.
neologist

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:57 pm
@Squeakybro,
What of those who swallow both gnat and camel?
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 12:28 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Don't tell me you think this has already passed. That only happens at the final judgment day. NOT yet.
True. What difference does that make regarding the meaning of the word "hades" or "hell" or "the grave"?
Squeakybro wrote:
And whether you know it or not a born again Christian cant be tutored carnally. It has to be done with the verses.
I've always been somewhat amused by your use of the term "meat understanding" (Paul referred to "solid food" or "solid nourishment" at Hebrews 5:14). For you do know the etymology of the word "carnal comes from the Latin "carnis", meaning "of the flesh," or "meat". So, if you are so proud of your "meat understanding", how do you know it is not in fact "carnal understanding"?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 04:54 am
@Squeakybro,
I wouldn't expect you to trust my opinion my friend, we have fundamental differences in our understanding of what truth is, I would however not consider understanding and opinion to be the same thing, understanding can be just as wrong as an opinion, it is merely more based upon research. Just remember that the King James bible is a translation, it is not exactly as was written and is full of translation bias. that is why study is necessary to clear up the confusion.
There is no infallible knowledge, we are all trying to understand the best we can, I may well be wrong, but I am confident in my understanding thus far.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 06:56 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Loving God addressed as "father" by Jesus in Matthew 6:9 and in other places.
What might be your opinion of a father who punishes his children by burning with fire? Even for an instant? Yet many preachers through the ages have thought it reasonable to so punish wrongdoers for an eternity.

You scoff at opinions about God's machinations, so why ask for mine?

Suppose that God the father punishes his children by burning with fire for an eternity. Would it be "bad?"

He already torments humankind and you regard this as "good."
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:08 am
@neologist,
Your ignorance is showing.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:15 am
@neologist,
Your just trying to run a little intellectual camouflage now. Your statement was that the bible doesn't teach "hell fire". My statement was that it does.

Now as far as the milk and the meat.

Heb 5:11-14
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(KJV)

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 07:17 am
@Smileyrius,
And I am confident in the Holy Spirit and the context in which He uses the verses.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:45 am
The denominations are suppose to teach the people to worship God through Jesus, which is the new testament. But their not their teaching the people to worship the denomination through the preachers word.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 09:51 am
@InfraBlue,
Apparently we disagree on the source of human suffering.
If it is convenient for you to agree with Frank's opnion that the Bible narrative implicates Jehovah, I hope you continue to live a long and happy life.

As for me, I have a different understanding.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 10:03 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Apparently we disagree on the source of human suffering.
If it is convenient for you to agree with Frank's opnion that the Bible narrative implicates Jehovah, I hope you continue to live a long and happy life.

As for me, I have a different understanding.

You did say here that Jehovah gives Satan the permission to torment Job, and by extension, humankind, and that it's part of his master plan.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:03 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You did say here that Jehovah gives Satan the permission to torment Job, and by extension, humankind, and that it's part of his master plan.
Folks can read that for themselves to see that God's permission was limited and, by extension, Satan's dominion over mankind has limits. Also, you have failed to recognize the difference between plan and purpose.

You are very much in accord with my dear friend Frank, with only one exception.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:09 am
@Squeakybro,
You should do a search on the meaning of the Greek words used in Hebrews 5:14.

Then explain to us what you found.
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2015 11:54 am
@InfraBlue,
Satan IS the wrath of God.