Are We Ready For a Woman President? Really?

revelette2

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 02:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Actually what I believe are not just rumors but actual facts. I have already said what it was I disagreed with about her emails in a previous post, none of it rumors but just the facts of her deleting her emails after thirty days and not having a backup on a separate disk or something in case it was needed. It is the lack of transparency of which I think is troublesome. Plus some of her emails, intelligence have been saying should have been classified. As SOS, she should have known by their contents they should have not been sent through emails, private or otherwise. As I live in KY (no way it is going democrat), I can vote my conscience and not vote for her if she ends up as democrat choice and just vote straight democrat on everything else.
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2015 04:29 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
I can vote my conscience and not vote for her if she ends up as democrat choice and just vote straight democrat on everything else.

LOL Trump for President?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 12:23 am
@glitterbag,
I think I may have said this before but I am going to repeat it. I'll be damned if I am going let a bunch of lying conservative republicans force me to not vote for someone who I know is better and more honest than the herd of stupid republicans running for president by repeating Bengazi over and over and accusing her of sending secrets when the facts are when she sent them they werent secret. Remember the republican Bush and weapons of mass destruction that most of these liars agreed with even though they knew they were bull shyt. Hillary is the one I would vote for because the republicans are scared shytless of her.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 01:33 am
@revelette2,
Dear Soul, the rest of the country would like to see Kentucky and Mississippi to just keep eating the lard and avoid making decisions that would require you to do some research and independent thinking. If your poor people lose their safety nets, thats on you, Bubba. I vote in Maryland, we want to educate and support our weakest links. I suggest you just pray that your under class doesn't die from hunger We hope they don't travel to Maryland and compete for benefits we are trying to provide our needy. But if you don't take care of your breathen, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania will do what you cheap skates are unwilling to do.

I'm sure crackpot notions fly around Kentucky, what else is going on there. I caution you to remember how independent you are, before you suffer a natural disaster. Since you really have no respect for our Federal Government, I expect to see you front and center pleading with the Kentucky leaders to reject federal aid. I just can't see Kentucky depending on the nation to bail out one of the 50 states and beg for federal assistance since you yokels are so resourceful. Hey, and Bravo for being so independent. Currently on the Poverty Level you rank 45, that means only 5 States are more poor than you are. But hey, I bet the scenery is great. Who needs education when the country side is so purty.
revelette2

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 08:09 am
@glitterbag,
Boy are you on a high horse or what? I actually have done research and independent thinking, if not I would just make it easy on myself and go along the party lines to avoid hassles. I agree with you about KY and Mississippi (I have kin folks there too) being a welfare states. (We do have a democrat governor) I also agree we are stuck behind the times. Where I live we are full of history and it is a beautiful place, but it is like we haven't progressed in thirty something years. There is nothing here for the younger folks.

As far as Hillary, I don't buy most of the hype against her, even fox news is starting admit the Benghazi hearings is nothing but a committee to bring Hillary down and I agree totally. I also agree with much of her policies, but I just don't trust her. I have hard time voting someone I do not trust. I have been going back and forth on this. This is the hardest election cycle for me personally I have ever known since I have been voting so I really don't appreciate your snide comments since you do not know me well enough to know how I think or what I believe in.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 08:23 am
@revelette2,
I suppose it is good that Glitterbag is acting this way toward you Revelette.

Of course she can't use the same gender-based attacks she used against me, but attacking where you live, even using the "Bubba" stereotype, was just as childish and mean.

At least she is willing to personally attack people of either gender who disagree with her.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:25 pm
@revelette2,
You're right, I don't know you so I rely on your statements on line. You don't express yourself like an independent thinker, and I think the 'facts' you believe are really not facts, but characterizations of Cabinet leaders communications by people who assume the communication devices they use are as ordinary as the ones the general public uses. This email witch hunt is as valid as debt ceiling arguments.

People who like to shut down the Government fling debt ceiling around as if it is a spending issue because the can count on most citizens being totally ignorant when it comes to the terminology. The elected members who do manage to shut down the government never tell the tax payers how much tax payer money is wasted while they play loose with the budget. People who don't work for the government think it's great, it's a way of sticking a tongue at the Big Washington Machine. It's great until they can't visit a National Park or other services are suspended, then comes the outrage.....We want to shut down the government, but how dare a shut down government not function when I want to vacation in a National Park.

Yeah, maybe I'm on my high horse, but it's hard not to get pissed when people confuse their ideology with actual facts.
revelette2

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt of thinking you really don't read my post completely, or remember past conversations we have had on other threads. Or else you just pick and choose what you read and just say what pleases you. In any case, it is not important enough for me to continue on with it.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 04:56 pm
@revelette2,
Fine by me.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:12 am
Maxdancona Quote:
Quote:
In almost every field of social justice... salary, incarceration rates, sentencing, housing, voting rights, access to education... you name it, race is a far more important factor than gender.

So MAX, how do you explain the following?

Quote:
A disproportionate number of Black women are poor and desparate. When the statistics are added up, in almost every dimenison, Black women are at the bottom of the pile. "There are many myths about the ease of the Black woman to be upwardly mobile", says Dr. McAdoo, " but she is far worse off than all other major groups- Black men, White men, and White women-when it comes to occupations, income, education and the ability to provide a stable home environment".

Source: EBONY vol 38,No 10, p-136

maxdancona

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:30 am
@Miller,
There is no contradiction there Miller.

I am not saying that gender has no social impact, you can find many instances where Black woman fair worse than Black Men. Yes, Black women do have it worse in some areas (i.e. salary) than Black Men. Although, Black men have it worse in other areas, i.e. prison sentences (men get significantly harsher prison sentences than women who have committed the same crime).

I am saying that "race is a far more important factor than gender".

In almost every social arena, White Women (disadvantaged by gender) are better off than Black Men (disadvantaged by race). This includes salary, prison sentences, treatment by police, access to education, child custody, being followed around in stores, getting housing loans...

In addition, there are some places in society where it is an advantage to be a woman. There are no places in society I can think of where being Black gives you a social advantage.

I would be happy to talk about specific instances if you would like.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 12:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Black women are now receiving double the college degrees that black men are at every level.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 01:16 pm
@BillRM,
Proof for this statement.
snood

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 01:21 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Proof for this statement.

Really - that needs a reference.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 01:51 pm
@snood,
Need a reference for a fact that been reported over and over in the public media? The last time I hear it was on NPR as a matter of fact.

Ok what the hell here it is.

Quote:

http://www.jbhe.com/news_views/51_gendergap_universities.html

Black Women Students Far Outnumber Black Men at the Nation's Highest-Ranked Universities

The wide gender gap that prevails at all stages of African-American higher education extends to the student bodies at our nation's highest-ranked universities. But in most cases the gap is smaller than the national average.

JBHE has consistently documented the fact that black women hold a large lead over black men in almost every facet of higher education. Black women currently earn about two thirds of all African-American bachelor's degree awards, 70 percent of all master's degrees, and more than 60 percent of all doctorates. Black women also hold a majority of all African-American enrollments in law, medical, and dental schools.

Looking exclusively to undergraduate higher education, the latest Department of Education figures show that black women account for 63.6 percent of all African-American enrollments.

JBHE recently surveyed the nation's 30 highest-ranked universities to determine if the gender gap in African-American higher education was more, or less, pronounced at these institutions than in the nation as a whole. The answer is that there is a gender gap, but it is generally smaller than the national average.

Twenty-six of the 30 highest-ranked universities responded to our survey. Those institutions that declined to provide black enrollment data by gender were Wake Forest University, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Southern California, and Carnegie Mellon University.

The JBHE survey found that at 23 of the 26 institutions that responded to our queries, there were more black women enrolled than black men. Only at the University of Notre Dame, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the California Institute of Technology did black men outnumber black women. The curriculum at CalTech and MIT is heavily oriented to the sciences, engineering, and mathematics, fields where men typically outnumber women by a large margin. The reason for the comparatively low number of black women at Notre Dame is not apparent. Women were not admitted to the university until the early 1970s. Even today, it should be noted that men of all races greatly outnumber women at Notre Dame.

Black women make up a very large 71.7 percent of all African-American enrollments at Emory University in Atlanta. This is the largest black gender gap among the 26 universities in our survey. Also, black women are 68.1 percent of the African-American enrollments at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. At Berkeley, Northwestern, and Cornell, black women make up a larger percentage of the total African-American enrollments than the national average, which as stated earlier is 63.6 percent.

But at the vast majority of high-ranking universities, the black student gender gap is less pronounced than the national average. However, it must be pointed out again that in almost all cases, black women substantially outnumber black men at these institutions.

Why is the black gender gap in enrollments generally smaller at these high-ranking universities than in the nation as a whole? In all probability, the reason is because these institutions are highly selective in their admissions policies. Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Stanford admit fewer than one in eight students who apply. Thus, these universities have great leeway in molding their student bodies to create racial, ethnic, and gender diversity. It is reasonable to assume that if these universities take race into account in the admissions process, they might also consider gender. As a result, black men might have a slight advantage over black women in the admissions process as these universities make an effort to balance the student body by race and gender.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:30 pm
Bill, what in the hell does your reference have to do with the price of rice in China. I'm sure you're sure this have some weighty significance, however women of all races are occupying more seats in college than their male counterparts. This does not make me happy, Men traditionally have aspired to good careers. If they are dropping out because they don't want to compete with women, that's a crying shame.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Sorry the issue that many more black women are getting degrees then their male counter parts does reflect on a power balance changes in society between men and women.

As far as the situation being the same now for all groups/races nonsense at least for now. Other groups have fairly minor imbalances between the sexes as far as degrees granting is concern. Still blacks in this nation have been serving as the canary in a coal mine for example leading the way for out of wedlock births increases.

The problems that black women are now facing of finding black mates with anywhere near their educational and social positions I do find interesting and a possible problem for the rest of us in the future. Once more they are serving as
canaries in a coal mine.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 06:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE.....

Sort of like her response to the questioning of the Bengazhi incident.

EVERYBODY DOES IT......

Sort of like her response to the e-mail incident

She would not be my first choice for a woman president. I would hope the parties who find someone with more credibility and integrity then her.
djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 08:03 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Or else you just pick and choose what you read and just say what pleases you.

that's my criteria for posting
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:55 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE.....

I didn't say that...you did.

Quote:
Sort of like her response to the questioning of the Bengazhi incident.

EVERYBODY DOES IT......

Sort of like her response to the e-mail incident

Doesn't seem that way to me.

Quote:
She would not be my first choice for a woman president. I would hope the parties who find someone with more credibility and integrity then her.

My guess is that she will make a fine president if she is elected.

The fact that she would not be your first choice is interesting...but is only your opinion.

The "opinion" that matters will be shared in November of 2016 in voting booths across the nation.