Deadly shooting on Oregon college campus

snood

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 04:25 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:
I went to New Orleans as well. (Couldn't get a decent cup of tea anywhere.)

Maybe you should have tried a Mint Julep or something, you know when in Rome do as the Romans do.

http://www.neworleansonline.com/images/stories/s.mintjulep.1.jpg

A cafe au lait at Cafe de Monde.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2015 05:31 pm
Never been there. I'd probably want some food to do with crawfish, which I've never tasted.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 01:47 am
@revelette2,
They did a rum based drink called a hurricane, apparently it's World famous. It was alright though, I got a souvenir glass with my drink but I don't have it any more.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 02:55 am
@izzythepush,
I had some really good Sazerac, but most of what they drink is crap.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 04:45 am
@hawkeye10,
I had to google that. Cocktails are really big there, but with cocktails you can get away with all manner of short cuts. For a lot of people if it tastes like a juicy soft drink but gets you pissed that's good enough.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 06:21 am
This might be talked of elsewhere, if it is, please leave a link, but this is just horrible.

14 dead, 17 wounded in California shooting; 2 suspects dead
Quote:

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) -- A heavily armed man and woman dressed for battle opened fire on a holiday banquet for his co-workers, killing 14 people and seriously wounding more than a dozen others in a precision assault, authorities said. Hours later, they died in a shootout with police.

Authorities were trying to determine a motive, which could include workplace violence or terrorism.

Wednesday's shooting happened at a social services center for the disabled where the suspect's colleagues with the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health were renting space for a celebration. It was the nation's deadliest mass shooting since the attack at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, three years ago that left 26 children and adults dead.

(bolded added by me)
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 07:31 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
This might be talked of elsewhere, if it is, please leave a link,

http://able2know.org/topic/304964-1
http://able2know.org/topic/304970-1

Small threads both. Not much to talk about. But there they are if you want to look at them.
0 Replies