SU-34: Coming after Obunga's ISIS butt buddies....

oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
...and I certainly expect that Obama OKed shooting down the Russians at slight provocation,

I'd be surprised if he did. The last thing he wanted was to make this situation an even bigger headache.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'd be surprised if he did. The last thing he wanted was to make this situation an even bigger headache.

As a NATO member Turkeys rules of engagement are signed off on by NATO, which is controlled by USA. I promise you that Supreme Allied Commander Europe did not let it go before getting approval from Washington. Are we to believe that micromanager Obama did not demand to make the call? Very doubtful that he did not I think.

BTW based upon reaction from Washington today I think we know that Turkey followed the rules as understood by Washington.
Builder

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
So surprising just how uninformed you can be.

oralloy replied:

Quote:
I notice that you haven't pointed out a single fact that I am wrong about.

It's not so amusing reflecting upon how deep is your delusion, either.

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 07:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
BTW based upon reaction from Washington today I think we know that Turkey followed the rules as understood by Washington.

You seriously think they care about rules?

So tell me how the invasion of Libya was justified.

Unilateral decision from the commander-in-chief, without congressional oversight, is treason.

Try and keep up, hawk.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:06 pm
Quote:
Putin and Khamenei utilized the meeting on Monday to hammer home that they cherish the mutual trust between their two countries and intend to preserve it no matter what it takes. Khamenei hit out at the US’ perceived hegemonic ambitions in the Middle East, and underlined that Iran and Russia have a congruence of interests in countering the US’ regional strategies. Putin, on his part, went out of the way to describe Iran as a “trustworthy and reliable ally in the region and the world”, which Russia will never betray.

Clearly, a Russian-Iranian rift over Assad’s fate is not on the cards. On the fundamental principle that a future government in Syria ought to be elected by the people of that country through free democratic choice, Moscow and Tehran are unwilling to compromise. Obama’s diplomatic strategy on Syria is in shambles. Putin even took a dig at Obama that America should not fear the prospect of democratic elections in Syria.

Looking ahead, the US stance that Russia’s participation in an international coalition against the Islamic State is linked to its “strategic adjustment” over Assad’s fate is likely to become untenable. Obama expected Putin to dump Assad. But Putin has made it clear that it is not for Russia to dictate the terms of a settlement in Syria. On the other hand, Obama will be on shaky ground if he continues to caricature the war against the IS in Clausewitzean terms as ‘politics by other means’.

However, the most extraordinary thing about Putin’s visit to Tehran is that it takes the veil off a strategic decision taken by the Kremlin to elevate Russia-Iran relationship to a qualitatively new level. Putin had deputed one of his most trusted aides to Tehran last week to choreograph the new trajectory for the bilateral relationship with Iran, which is suffused with solid strategic content of a kind that the West cannot hope to match. Interestingly, Putin’s choice fell on Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin to undertake this mission, a Kremlin politician whom Washington loves to hate and is on the State Department’s ‘black list’ for visa.

http://atimes.com/2015/11/putins-pivot-to-iran-is-a-strategic-decision/

Ambassador M. K. Bhadrakumar was a career diplomat in the Indian Foreign Service. His assignments included the Soviet Union, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Germany, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Kuwait and Turkey.
Builder

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
You might like to show your butt buddy oralloy about this.

He seems to think the US has done nothing in Syria, nor the middle east.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:33 pm
Quote:
It is now clear that initially seemed like a masterstroke was in fact Erdogan’s first major misstep. His jailing of much of the Turkish military leadership on the basis of outlandish conspiracy theories has left him with a less-than-effective fighting force. Unwelcome Syrian refugees have crowded into Turkish border towns and beyond. Turks overwhelmingly oppose the war policy vis-à-vis Syria, with especially powerful opposition coming from the Alevis, a religious community making up 15 to 20 percent of Turkey’s population, distinct from Syria’s Alawis but sharing a Shiite heritage with them. Assad took revenge by reviving support for the PKK, whose escalating violence creates a major domestic problem for Erdogan. Indeed, Kurds — who missed their chance when the Middle East was carved up after World War I — may be the major winners from the current hostilities; for the first time, the outlines of a Kurdish state with Turkish, Syrian, Iraqi, and even Iranian components can be imagined.

Damascus still has a great patron in Moscow, where the government of Vladimir Putin offers its assistance via armaments and United Nations vetoes. Plus, Assad benefits from unstinting, brutal Iranian aid, which continues despite the mullah regime’s deep economic problems. In contrast, Ankara may still belong, formally, to NATO and enjoy the theoretical privilege of its famous Article 5, which promises that a military attack on one member country will lead to “such action as . . . necessary, including the use of armed force,” but NATO heavyweights show no intention of intervening in Syria

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/330499/erdogan-and-assad-war-daniel-pipes

USED TO. Considering how the Turkish society is unraveling, with how a nation of rubble in on their doorstep in large part was allowed to be created by Turkey, and considering that to date Daesh has been extraordinarily military competent you have to wonder about the thought process that when into ******* Putin. I mean seriously, how was this supposed to work out well for Erdogan? The only reason the West supports the ****** is that everyone else in the region is even worse, but barely competent oppressive dictators can not count on having many friends these days, how many more Bataclan Theaters in Europe and USA that never would have happened but for Erdogan supporting Daesh are we going to take before we decide that he is useless to us? Not many I think. Having Putin as a friend then would have been nice.

Edit: it occurs to me that maybe the whole point is that Erdogan expects Putin to be a major player at the table and is being all hard ass now to hopefully get a better deal then. I have a feeling though that Erdogan miscalculated, that he was driving for getting stuff from the West by playing the victim, not understanding that we in the West now fear Daesh, and the last thing we want is anything that we escalate our pre existing problems with Russia.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 05:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Russia isnt exactly hitting ISIL either. They are allowing the ISIL guys to expand by targeting the rebels.

The plane in question was attacking Turkmen rebels, moderate ethnic Turks who have been persecuted under Assad. They're not IS, Assad released most of the leadership of IS, he doesn't want to go after IS because IS are making Assad's point for him.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 12:43 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The plane in question was attacking Turkmen rebels, moderate ethnic Turks who have been persecuted under Assad. They're not IS, Assad released most of the leadership of IS, he doesn't want to go after IS because IS are making Assad's point for him.

And Putin being no dummy Russia is pounding the **** out of the Turkmen as I write. The fool Erdogan needs to learn his place. The Turkmen suffer for Erdogan, but such is life.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 12:45 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It was a rare moment in international diplomacy and some diplomats were beginning to think Russia's policy on Syria and its support for Bashar al-Assad could be changed. Not quickly, or easily, but the chance was there.

And Erdogan has squandered it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/25/europe/nato-putin-turkey-syria-analysis/

Someone big in NATO damn well better have told this fool in no uncertain terms to not pull this BULLSHIT again.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
They don't call him izzy_the_POOP for nothing....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:23 am
Best English-language take I've seen:

http://www.infowars.com/putin-calls-out-the-backstabbing-govt-of-turkey/
gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:27 am
Picture living in a country in which they've long since banned firearms and are now in the process of banning KNIVES?? I mean, that has to say that food for humans is sold in bags of kibbled food pellets just like food for dogs, cats, and rabbits, and you might see three bowls on the floor saying "Rover", "Fluffy" (the cat), and "Izzy" (the poop)....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:28 am
@gungasnake,
If Putin gets any more pissed off he is going to give a two hour speech/lecture on all the crap Turkey has pulled, and if that is OK with Europe and NATO then **** you all, he would rather have China as his friend.

I have a feeling that Erdogan has been so educated, and he will try to get his **** together. But maybe not.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:29 am
So you look down at the floor and ask "How's it going, guys, food OK?"

And Rover says "Arf arf!"

And Fluffy says "Meow, meow!"

And Izzy says "Poop, poop...."
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 05:40 am
http://www.globalresearch.ca/do-we-really-want-a-pre-emptive-world-war-with-russia/5491058?utm_source=Global+Research+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e60580b1d5-Newsletter_24_11_1511_24_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0ec9ab057f-e60580b1d5-81344093&ct=t%28Newsletter_24_11_1511_24_2015%29&mc_cid=e60580b1d5&mc_eid=6049988d67
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 05:46 am
@hawkeye10,
You have to assume that the Pentagon has read some sort of a riot act to Erdogen by now but whether it sinks in is anybody's guess; the guy is an islamist and likely figures that his **** IS together and that WE'RE fucked up.

Meanwhile, Putin is going to make a no fly zone out of all Syrian airspace and send his most advanced fighters out with the bombers in future time. The only reason there was no such air cover prior to now is that Russians were assuming it wasn't needed.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 05:54 am
@gungasnake,
and they felt that they could fly over anybody"s territory without incident.

hen are the Russkies going to actually strt attacking ISIS
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 06:59 am
@hawkeye10,
He has learnt his place, as the recently elected head of a sovereign nation and NATO member who will no longer tolerate incursions into his territory by a tinpot dictator trying to prop up his puppet.

Turkey will not be told what to do. You idiots should have realised that by now.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2015 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Over the years, Turkey has been the problem child in NATO. The Turkish invasion of Cyprus during 1974 caused a rift in the alliance, leading Greece to withdraw its forces from NATO's command structure until 1980. In 2012, Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet after it apparently – and very deliberately – strayed into Syrian airspace. Later that same year, Turkey fired artillery at government targets in Syria as a response to claimed Syrian artillery hits in Turkey.

An optimist may say that Turkey resides in a geopolitically challenging part of the world, that trouble is bound to follow, and that Turkey is just the innocent victim of its less than desirable neighborhood. A more cynical realist would likely view the series of issues over the decades as part of Turkey's objective to simply leverage its NATO membership to achieve its own political goals – which generally do not coincide with NATO's interests.

Perhaps NATO's naivety towards Turkey was forgivable in the 20th century, but since Turkey began to clearly signal its devotion to Islamism in the early 2000s, the writing has been on the wall. Given Turkey's long and complex history, the Islamist writing has always been on the wall for those who wanted to take the rose-colored glasses off and see it.

The Islamists are – and always have been – far more of a civilizational threat to the West than the Soviets were. The West got played by the Islamists. We were their useful idiots throughout the Cold War and in the quarter-century that followed. It is time to right the trajectory and ally with Russia against the Islamists, and that includes the effectively Islamic State of Turkey.

Putin's Russia has been beating the drum against the Islamic threat for years. The West has failed to listen. French president François Hollande has now asked the U.S. to set aside its differences with Russia in order to "fight this terrorist army [the Islamic State] in a broad, single coalition." As Putin correctly noted, Turkey is already allied with ISIS via its support for the Islamic State's oil sales. Pakistan also plays this type of duplicitous game with the West, pretending to be its friend while stabbing it in the back. At least Pakistan wasn't admitted to NATO – although with the dearth of coherent leadership in the West, perhaps we should add "yet."

Much has changed over the past two years. Old adversaries need to be re-evaluated, as do old "allies" – which were never likely allies to begin with. Many admire Putin in the West, and for good reason. His geo-strategic vision is clear, his strength is palpable, and the success he has had in rebuilding Russia's economy, society, and military is evident for all who assess it objectively.

The time has come: Turkey should be removed from NATO, and Russia should be invited to join. The common causes the West has with Russia greatly outnumber those it has with the Islamic world.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/11/time_to_trade_turkey_for_russia_in_nato.html#ixzz3scNwxTfZ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I would not want Russia added as I think NATO should be disbanded, but if NATO is to continue Turkey needs to be pushed out.