Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 10:52 am
I am a 24 year guy & I used to be close with a person up until few years ago our friendship lasted for quite sometime but due to some circumstances and my family environment being not good used to depend on that person for some emotional and moral support and everything was good until my parents started to restrict me from seeing that person and I don't know what made my parents restrict me from meeting that person and I was adjusting with the situation slowly and then my parents and my family started filling hatred towards that person back then I was 19 years old I wasn't mature enough to understand some things, and then I thought it would be better to avoid meeting that person temporarily until things get right but then that person started to call me on phone continuously for days and started crying in the phone and used to say that I had betrayed that person and all but I kept my cool and this went on for about a week even then I kept my cool but suddenly I don't know what happened I suddenly bursted on that person and it turned into one ugly fight for about an year and I started to hate that person and I was very much frustrated with this situation and my hatred grew more and as we used to stay beside and we started to hate each others faces and this fight lasted for an year and that person left room beside me and 4 years went by and then I started to regret for whatever happened and then I started to miss that person more than ever before then I took a step and apologized to that person and I expressed my feelings to the person and explained what went wrong and what not, before I was ready to apologize I was getting some doubts will that person ever accept apology or will try to take revenge on me but anyway's I said sorry for what ever happened and the person accepted my apology and then I went away and I met that person again a month later and that person explained again what was wrong with and I shouldn't had done some things and all and the person also said they can only trust me again once i get settled in life by getting a good job and all and then I can trust you that you have changed the person Is actually worried that I may repeat the same mistake again if they get close to me again and I don't know what to do now and I am very frustrated that I have lost such a good friend I just seriously want to win back the person's friendship and trust back and I really can't forget them and I still care lot and sometimes I get a strange feeling that they might not like me again and all, my question what should I actually do to take this friendship further and will that person try to take revenge on me and why did the person accept the apology after going through a lot of these, normally people will not even like to see the face of person with the one who had ugly fight and I can't understand what's going on and what's happening. Should I trust that person's words and the person Is not reciprocating me back as they used to do back then I am little frustrated by this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:26 am
@Godfather991,
let's see if that works broken up into phrases

___

I am a 24 year guy

& I used to be close with a person up until few years ago our friendship lasted for quite sometime

but due to some circumstances and my family environment being not good used to depend on that person for some emotional and moral support

and everything was good until my parents started to restrict me from seeing that person and I don't know what made my parents restrict me from meeting that person

and I was adjusting with the situation slowly and then my parents and my family started filling hatred towards that person

back then I was 19 years old I wasn't mature enough to understand some things,

and then I thought it would be better to avoid meeting that person temporarily until things get right

but then that person started to call me on phone continuously for days and started crying in the phone

and used to say that I had betrayed that person and all but I kept my cool and this went on for about a week

even then I kept my cool but suddenly I don't know what happened

I suddenly bursted on that person and it turned into one ugly fight for about an year

and I started to hate that person

and I was very much frustrated with this situation and my hatred grew more

and as we used to stay beside and we started to hate each others faces and this fight lasted for an year

and that person left room beside me

and 4 years went by and then I started to regret for whatever happened and then I started to miss that person more than ever before

then I took a step and apologized to that person and I expressed my feelings to the person and explained what went wrong and what not,

before I was ready to apologize I was getting some doubts will that person ever accept apology or will try to take revenge on me but anyway's I said sorry for what ever happened

and the person accepted my apology

and then I went away and I met that person again a month later

and that person explained again what was wrong with and I shouldn't had done some things and all

and the person also said they can only trust me again once i get settled in life by getting a good job and all and then I can trust you that you have changed

the person Is actually worried that I may repeat the same mistake again if they get close to me again

and I don't know what to do now and I am very frustrated that I have lost such a good friend

I just seriously want to win back the person's friendship and trust back

and I really can't forget them and I still care lot

and sometimes I get a strange feeling that they might not like me again and all

my question what should I actually do to take this friendship further

and will that person try to take revenge on me and why did the person accept the apology after going through a lot of these,

normally people will not even like to see the face of person with the one who had ugly fight

and I can't understand what's going on and what's happening.

Should I trust that person's words

and the person Is not reciprocating me back as they used to do back then I am little frustrated by this.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:28 am
@Godfather991,
It was very nice of the person to accept your apology.

It sounds like the person is worried about your family's ongoing influence on you.

Are you living independently now? have you got a job? are you looking for work?

Godfather991

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes I am looking for a job right now and I am still living with my parents till I get a job.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 02:37 pm
@Godfather991,
Good luck on your job hunt and being able to live independently.

You'll find quite a few relationships change once you're no longer living with family.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:56 pm
Why is it so important that you need to get back the friendship with this person?

What happened was 5 years ago. Friends come and friends go.

Let this one go. Get other friends. Get out on your own and experience life. Don't think you need to please other people so much.

(Now that you are older, can you explain why your parents did not like this person 5 years ago? How old is this person now?)
Godfather991

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 06:07 pm
@PUNKEY,
The person is 10 years older than me and is actually a close relative of mine and maybe my parents didn't like the person because they wanted to have complete control over me and I don't know the real reason behind.
0 Replies

Godfather991

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 06:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you.
0 Replies