Problem in retaining information & detachment from emotions

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:08 am
Greetings. I have a serious problem in retaining information/events that I'm associated with. Eg, when I read up something, even after just finishing the article, I can't reproduce majority of the key information I read up; I can only tell what the article is about and what it talks about in general. The problem is not memory loss, it is rather memory formation. I can't remember major events that I did 5-6 days before unless it is routine.

I also can't exactly feel emotions. Eg, if my favourite football club wins an important match, I an't really feel the euphoria although I'm happy inside; If my brother gets a job, I'm happy for him, but can't exactly feel so; When my realative passed away recently, I couldn't cry(That should tell you what kind of state I'm in) although I felt sad. I feel I'm DETACHED FROM EMOTIONS.

This problem of mine surfaced around 3 and a half years back, that too abruptly, before which I was naturally blessed with excellent retention and memory.

Is it possible that this is due to a shock incident in my life? If yes, I'm not able to recollect of any such incident, however I don't discount its possibility. Is there a way out of it? Any medical term for this state? Any cure?

P.S. I've done CT scan, MRI scan, brain wave tests, etc, but none of them pointed to any problem in my system.

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:33 am
@Shankara Narayanan,
What do your medical doctors tell you about this when you ask them? You did ask them for their diagnosis and conclusions, right?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 10:47 am
@Shankara Narayanan,
Shank tho pretty much normal in every other way, except for emotion I decidedly share your symptoms--to an extreme. Multiple incidents are completely wiped out. Rummaging through my papers I discover I had written two books, neither of which do I remember in any way

Not helping am I
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm
Emotions affect memory. Memory affects education.

OR - You may just be so distracted you can't concentrate - or have adult ADD.

Stress, lack of sleep, bad nutrition, drug/alcohol use, medications, or hormones can also be the culprit. Get it checked out. Get a physical and talk to the Dr.

0 Replies