brine tank problem

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 06:23 pm
have a 30yr. mark89 culligan. no problems till now. wasn't using salt. water got hard and iorny. found that not enough water was going back into brine tank on refill. added water between cycles works fine. the ball in the bottom of the fill tube was shutting the brine off before there was enough salt brine to clean resin.this happens because not enough water in brine tank after regeneration. is this problem in the motor head or brine tank tube?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,613 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Gwen Strough

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 01:10 pm
@Gwen Strough,
I just read a post with a similiar problem to mine. one thing to try was take out the screen, nozzle and eductor under the chrome plate with three screws on top of motor. things seemed ok, but the nozzle in my mark 89 is supposed to be blue , but is tan that goes in the 812 model. not sure what this controls, or if it has been in there since 1986. repair person may have changed it out , not having a blue one. anyone familiar with this part? thanks Gwen
0 Replies

Waterhelpneeded

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 09:16 pm
@Gwen Strough,
I’m having the exact same issue. There is very little information on this. I think I’ll get a service call booked. I’ll keep you posted
0 Replies