How to learn writing if you don't have skills?

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:19 am
How to learn writing if you don't have skills? At school and college we always have to write numerous of paper work, I hate it! I would rather talk for an hour or count difficult math formulas but please, don’t give to write anything. For me it’s the worst kind of studying. I have know idea even how to start
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,026 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

dalehileman

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:28 am
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
Tawn, ya just gotta read a lot. Brut force on your part

Forgive punning

During some 60 years in the field of journ I had not the faintest concept of grammatical but best of luck to ya
Tawnya Bruton

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:34 am
What do you mean? To order a work from online services? Oooh, I can't make it every time when I have to write something... unfortunately) But to have one or two that are already checked by someone would be good, just in case..Smile
Tawnya Bruton

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:45 am
@dalehileman,
Yes-yes, I know, thank you for advise!
dalehileman

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:53 am
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
Quite welcome, and the best ever Awnya
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:11 pm
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
No, you don't order a paper from someone else.

The best ways to learn to write come from reading and writing. You need practice, and you need to see how others write. I'm sure you are taking English classes in school. Ask if you're unsure of anything, or get a tutor, just like you would for any other class.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:14 pm
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
Quote:
To order a work from online services?
Naw Taw. Just find anything you can, then read it
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:52 pm
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
Read something you like.

One thing you might do for practice is to try re writing or outlining someone else's work. I often find myself doing this in my head.
0 Replies

Janey Basel

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 02:31 am
I have the same problem with writing. I agree with the previous comments that we have to read more for making our writing better, but the thing is that I really read a lot, I like fiction literature and enjoy every single paper of a book, but about writing.. I cann't focus on grama and orthography during the reading, because I feel like I'm missing the idea, the spirit of a book by concentraiting my attention on rules.
0 Replies

Laverna

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 09:39 am
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
I also think you should read more, with time you'll not even notice how it goes just from inside of you, just get inspiration
rogerafrance

Thu 22 Dec, 2016 03:11 am
@ Tawnya Bruton ,
The best method to improve your writing skills is to read - as you read you pick up new vocabulary and engage with different writing styles.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 22 Dec, 2016 12:15 pm
@Laverna,
Lav, by the sheerest coin. my BH, also an avid reader, for which I envy her too, has a first name very like yours which of course hesitant to spell out; tho I am [email protected] and apparent don't care who else knows it

Needless to say she is inspired while there's some q in my case

By the way did "coin." stop you; many hate me for that sort of stuff but still I persist, in 17 years having saved some 2,456,788 keystrokes

Thank you Vern--and Janey too-- for the inspiration
0 Replies