Why do liked pages not appear in profile sections?

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 01:43 am
I have just under 200 liked pages and I understand under some of the sections (e.g. films, TV programmes, etc.) on my profile they do not all fit in (e.g. Gumtree the company does not fit into any of those sections) but using a specific example - I've liked Fearne Cotton's page which is listed as a "Public Figure" - the same as Bill Gates, yet her page does not appear in the People section of the my likes on my profile.

This is the same for other pages which are listed as if they should appear under some of the liked sections but don't. Seems very random.

Any ideas on why this is the case?

For image, go to: http://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10156141205120515
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 334 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:35 am
@JonathanCarling,
It has to do with how the pages are described and categorized by the people who run those pages.

I run some pages and there are choices that have to be made. Hence Fearne's page is probably designated in some other way.

Not every page owner understands well how to do this, or they could be trying to reach a different set of users. Hence the way you, personally, would categorize this page might not be how the owner does or would want to.
0 Replies