Can anyone tell me what movies these scenes were in?

adt4m

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:06 am
I'm trying to remember two movies I saw in the seventh grade.

One was a WW2 drama. It involved a kid who has a rooster and it ends up being killed by the nazi boys who pick on him, then that kid falls backwards onto a flag that gets stuck in his behind, then later he is a street boxer and is friends with this black servant who is killed, and he says that he is finally free or something and his girlfriend teaches in an African village- at one point, a Nazi hits her on the head with a club, killing her, so the guy smashes a chair on him. At the end, there is a big fight between the Africans and the Nazis, and a nazi general is speared while standing in his tank. I think it was adapted from a novel, and is called Rising something or something about a sun or something.

The second involves a preacher who sets out on some kind of journey. He wears the black robe and white collar, at one point he must wade through a river, and he talks to a black man who says something like 'If a child is born white, it does not matter if he is dumb, he will live a good life, but if a child is born black, it does not matter if he is smart, he will live a poor life." This film may involve Nelson Mandela.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:35 am
The movie in which the boy's rooster was killed by neo-Nazis and in which the boy learned to box was "The Power of One". The boy's girlfriend was killed. I hope you can get this link. It's from the Internet Data Base.

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1992/03/748175.html
0 Replies

adt4m

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 02:25 am
Thanks- I've just about finished a list of every movie I've ever seen- it's at about 750. The second one I described above I will probably never know unless I contact the old teacher- it's just too vague.
0 Replies