Could GOD be mankinds first (& last) successful timetravel?

g day

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:51 am
Just a hypothetical for one to consider. We know some of the impressive things God has done in the Bible, certainly Universe and life creation is not too humble. Well eventually an advanced society might be able to replicate some of these feats - given enough energy, control and smarts.

So here is the hypothetical, could an advanced human succeeding with time travel be historic man's actual God? Could a Hawkings of the future go back into the past using uber-science and created everything?

Could a Universe consistently allow for its own creator to be its start and end point?

Just an idle daydream...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Thok

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:54 am
Re: Could GOD be mankinds first (& last) successful time
g__day wrote:
Could a Hawkings of the future go back into the past using uber-science and created everything?

Probably not creat anything, but their are theories about wormholes. Travel to the history and back to the future. So not created, but to affect the timeline. But how.....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:51 am
Hmmm...This is like asking could a man take a Renoir back to the past and presents it to Renoir then Renoir displays it as his own. In this case there is no creator.
0 Replies

Not Too Swift

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 04:20 pm
This scenario sounds to me like an apotheosis of Erich von Daniken's theories. But seriously, if it could be accomplished by uber science as you call it, why would you have to go into the past to accomplish it? If you travel back to the incipient point, it would already be there and have occurred without God or Stephen Hawkings being present or whoever comes first. That is, upon your hypothetical arrival you would be nothing more than a spectator to the event. By the way you've expressed it, you are time-shifting through the very dimensions created by the event you want to create. Why not just do one from scratch from whatever point your at if probability allows it? As for God or it's idea; it is interesting only as hypothesis or paradox. It has never been immortalized as a single member of any equation that I know of. It's merely the placeholder for seriously unresolved mysteries. Shocked
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:53 pm
I would like to go back to 1978 and help Bill Gates get his little start-up company off the ground :wink:
0 Replies

Not Too Swift

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:05 pm
That and Walmart Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:22 pm
The Big Bang
You may have stumbled upon a winning theory, g_day. Allow me to expand upon it.

It is very possible that man's technology can advance to the point when time travel becomes possible.

Future scientists could possibly send a probe ripping back through the fabric of time and space to the point when the universe is created and the probe's arrival could be the cataclysmic force that causes the "big bang."

However, at the moment of the "big bang," cataclysmic ripples could retrace the path of the probe and be pulled forward through the fabric of time and space to the point when the probe was launched and instantly disintegrate the universe causing man not only to be the creator of the universe--but also the destroyer.

I think we should sell this theory to the sci-fi channel and make a million dollars and live well before the universe disintegrates.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:55 pm
That would suck Debra!
0 Replies

random sunspots

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 04:24 am
The best argument against time travel is that we don't see any time travellers around here. Maybe they're careful and try to blend in with us but I doubt it. I think time travel is impossible the way it is depicted in movies such as Back to the Future and similar.
I believe there's much truth to the idea of the multiverse, that would solve the problem with paradoxes related to time-travel. The universes branch like a tree, and every change of the total status of a universe results in a new branch, time travelling would then be much like an ant climbing the branches of a big tree, walking from a twig on one branch to the twig on another by climbing up the branch and wormholes can be seen as branches that would occasionally touch each other. This sounds awfully lot like what Chabon writes in Summerland but I liked the analogy, lol!
0 Replies

g day

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:52 am
Debra - I agree - what role do you want? Smile

So basically:

1) Future uber scientist could create everything
2) Future uber scientist could be mistaken as a mystic God
3) If its really sureal time loops and even self creates wierd scenarioes like this (whereas you'd think there would have to be a catalyst to start the initial time loop - they couldn't self create - perhaps quantum fluctations just triggered a random and self sustaining mega event)
4) The we wipe the future out ties it nicely off

Lets write a book and make millions! I especially like the live well part!

random - perhaps we only did it once and caused all this life the universe and everything - and perhaps every time you time travel you do this - so maybe future folk can do this but its too self-destruct-reality to do it more than once ever! Maybe in the future we are trully wise.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:36 pm
If time travel were possible, a scientist could theoretically go back and seed the earth with modern lifeforms, but the universe would have to split (many-worlds hypothesis) since the species that evolved on the planet she meddled with would be quite different than the ones that evolved without interference.

No, you could not go back and cause the big bang. The temperature and pressure of the embryonic universe would be far too high for any person or time machine to survive.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:56 am
Not if the past is linked to future possibilities, at a qunatum level at least this surprising fact may be true (Hawkings).

Also I'd assume if you could handle the energy necessary to go directionally in time, you could survive the journey.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:38 pm
You gotta get with the program!
Terry wrote:
No, you could not go back and cause the big bang. The temperature and pressure of the embryonic universe would be far too high for any person or time machine to survive.

Oh pessimist of sci-fi ideas, where art thou?

Oh . . . you're here, but you're not with the program.

I theorized that the arrival of the futuristic probe that had just ripped back through the fabric of space and time could be the cataclysmic force that causes the "big bang." It's the arrival of the probe--not the probe itself--not the probe itself. Therefore, even if the probe does not survive, its survival is not important. Open your eyes man, the energized, ripping arrival could ignite the intensive pressure of the embryonic universe and BANG!

[Time loop? Oh yeah! A perpetual time loop is indeed possible.]

WHEW. The Sci-Fi visionaries of A2K are alive and well and coming close to solving the mysteries of the universe--right, g_day?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 06:56 pm
For the Biblical People
Revelation 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 07:43 pm
Spot on Debra, especially if you view the start and end as looped - alpha and omega indeed as you say.

Then if we make billions of moolah we'll spin of a series or related and wierder Universes (Melrose Universe or OC Universe etc) as our original cash cow loops around like an endless series of M*A*S*H

Smile
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:54 pm
g__day
Hey g__day:

We must start on our best-selling literary work right away. No more dilly dally.

Begin Chapter 1 here. I'll edit as we go....

Hurry. The world is waiting....
0 Replies