Do Jews Hate Gentiles?

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:03 pm

From the wikipedia article"Interfaith Marriage in Judaism."

A 2013 survey conducted in the United States by the Pew Research Center’s Religion & Public Life Project found that intermarriage rate to be 58% among all Jews and 71% among non-Orthodox Jews.[2]

That's right-almost 60% of Jews marry non-Jews.
I guess that means that Jews don't hate Gentiles after all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,566 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:50 pm
Quote:
I guess that means that Jews don't hate Gentiles after all.

Did anyone think they did? I dated a Jewish girl who said she preferred goyim. She nearly married me (atheist ex-Church of England) but it never happened. She is still a good friend and is married to an ex-Muslim now (they met in the UK Labour Party and are both atheists and totally secular and both support Jeremy Corbyn).

JoeBruno

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 12:54 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
The anti-semites claim we do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 01:10 am
A statement such as that "the anti-semites [sic] claim we do" is dubious enough as it is, but you seem to miss the point that in speaking of Jews and Gentiles, you have already distanced two groups of people, one from the other, on a religious and an ethnic basis. People who don't think of people in terms of Jews as opposed to Gentiles are way ahead of you.
Miller

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 08:21 am
@JoeBruno,
JoeBruno wrote:

From the wikipedia article"Interfaith Marriage in Judaism."
... intermarriage rate to be 58% among all Jews and 71% among non-Orthodox Jews.[2]

Before evulating your comments, please tell me what that [2]
refers to.
Miller

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 09:05 am
@Miller,
Sorry for typo.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 12:39 am
@Setanta,
The issue under discussion is anti-semitic lies.
Do you claim such things do not exist?????
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 01:29 am
@JoeBruno,
you just change the subject as you go along huh
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 02:31 am
@Setanta,
Sometimes he erects another straw man part way through the argument if the original gets too shredded.

JoeBruno

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:12 am
@Miller,
It's a footnote reference to an article listed in the bibliography at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:14 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Your inability to understand what I wrote does not render it irrelevant to anyone but you.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:16 am
@Setanta,
This is the subject of the thread

"Do Jews Hate Gentiles"

When I tried to discuss it, YOU tried to change the subject
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:17 am
Your inability to coherently express your ideas, however, is relevant.
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:21 am
@JoeBruno,
No, i just pointed out your logical fallacy, in that it is you who is making a distinction between Jews and everybody else. Then you start babbling about antisemitic lies (it's one word, with no hyphen), which is not the topic you initiated. That may have been what you had in mind, but it's not what you introduced as your topic.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 11:56 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
antisemitic lies (it's one word, with no hyphen)

Much as I agree with the thrust of your post, I have to point out that "anti-Semitic" (hyphen + capital S) is very common in English, is allowed by Merriam-Webster, Oxford Dictionaries etc. I have seen arguments that if you use the hyphenated form, you are using the word "Semitic” to designate the Semites as a race. I wonder whether to take such a view might be, in many cases, to unpack more meaning than was put in by the speaker.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 01:51 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

A statement such as that "the anti-semites [sic] claim we do" is dubious enough as it is, but you seem to miss the point that in speaking of Jews and Gentiles, you have already distanced two groups of people, one from the other, on a religious and an ethnic basis. People who don't think of people in terms of Jews as opposed to Gentiles are way ahead of you.

Well, since you left the Bronx at a fairly early age, you might not be aware of the alienation between the two groups in NYC. Specifically, in my opinion, secular Jews/religious Jews are held in contempt by those of an ethnocentric background, since it is part of the popular notions that Jews take over. Jews don't take over; they just wield a degree of influence, based on their economic clout. A degree of economic clout that other groups in NYC have not achieved equally, since Jews have parlayed early economic success, after taking economic risks that other NYC ethnics have shied away from, in my opini0n.

And, yes, many Jews feel most comfortable amongst a majority of Jewish friends. From a Gentile's vantage point that might be perceived as dislike. Not dislike; just preference. No more ethnocentric than the clubbishness of those students that go to pricey Parochial schools, in my opinion.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 01:47 am
@Setanta,
If I overheard someone saying that you were a" retarded moron", I'd tap him on the shoulder and say:"Nah, he;s not that smart.
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 02:51 am
@Setanta,
I have better thngs to do that bicker with a fruitcake like you.
I will no longer respond to you.

I sincerely hope the rest of your life is miserable. That;s what you deserve
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 02:58 am
@Setanta,
Only to you, and I really couldn't care less. You're nothing but a stupid troll.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 03:21 am
Mr. No Longer respond to you responds to me in three consecutive posts. You came here with a hidden agenda, which was a straw man, and your attitude is one of "Jews and everybody else" as regards humanity. You're a bigot. Accept it, get over it.

1. Forums
  2. » Do Jews Hate Gentiles?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:22:36