Anxiety |HELP|

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:56 am
It all started around my 18th birthday. I started having panic attacks (quick) ones but still frightening several times a day. I have had panic attacks my whole life. A few days after my 18th birthday I was sitting in my room feeling a panic attack coming on and then it hit me, it was more intense then I have ever felt before. I was pacing and going outside to try and get some fresh cool air and nothing was working. I was having all the usual symptoms; palpitations, fear, dying, feeling doom. Then my stomach started to hurt and I talked my self into throwing up so I would feel better and it seemed to get worse after puking. Long story short I ended up calming down enough to fall asleep, only to wake up in immense fear and panic. Over the next month I was having several long lasting panic attacks through out the day 3-4. I had 8 trips to the E.R. In the process. I was put on 20 mg of Paxil then two days later bumped up to 40 mg and Ativan 1mg for emergencies. Which I was taking sometimes 3 a day. About a week into my 40 mg Paxil everything stopped. I was laying in bed in the middle of the day trying to relax and sleep, when I found I couldn't sleep at all. I felt this feeling of relief and everything was gone no more panic attacks. And then another problem started. I couldn't sleep AT ALL. I was up for nearly 3 days; in my opinion due to the Paxil which I stopped taking as soon as I noticed that I couldn't sleep. I was also constipated and couldn't urinate without standing for 5 minutes pushing. Anyway I am now on lexapro 20 mg and I can't seem to get this feeling out of my head. I feel off. It's hard to explain. At first I thought I was going insane like complete psychosis. I literally thought I was losing my mind and sometimes even though I know I'm not I still kind of feel it. then I thought it was depression due to everything I had just went through but it's more than that I believe. It's like an overwhelming feeling of weirdness and un easiness. Note; I also felt this off feeling during my panic attack episode. I just want to feel normal again and go back to my happy feeling, impenetrable self. I also am very forgetful now. I forget things in other rooms and other memory and thinking problems. I also have mild headaches and tingling/sensations.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 710 • Replies: 3

Joe Sixpack

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:07 pm
@Depuuty ,
Please. I'm an old man.
Re post with paragraph breaks
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:52 pm
@Depuuty ,
Dep, Joe is right of course. Summarizing and paragraphing help, and even a carriage return between paras

Anxiety and panics probably have all sorts of causes, including maybe some foods or beverages, while there are all sorts of OTC meds such as St John's wort, kava kava, 5-hpt, etc etc. Google 'em

If it persists, well, I s'pose, go back to your doc
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:46 pm
@Depuuty ,
These are questions for your doctor.
0 Replies