Wording of the oath

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 09:24 am
Re: the case of the woman in KY who won't sign same-sex marriage licenses. Besides bringing into question the separation of church and state, does she have to take any sort of oath on being sworn in for the job she was elected to do? If she swears to support and defend the constitution then her refusal calls into question her job performance, does it not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 10:43 am
@eglwyswas,
I believe every government official swears an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States (no time to check now).

Not upholding her oath is, right now, the least of her problems. She's already violated one contempt order.

PS Regardless of her job performance, as an elected official, she cannot be fired. She has to be impeached. That is what impeachment means.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 02:52 pm
@eglwyswas,
The main problem with her behavior, and the appeals court judge who freed from jail emphasized this, is that she has in the past interfered with other county employees issuing licenses to same sex couples. I'd say there is a good case for impeachment or recall.
0 Replies

eglwyswas

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 03:31 pm
@eglwyswas,
I guess I am answering my ow question (and thanks to the two persons who replied.) A friend sent me a quotation earlier in the day before I posted my original question here. It was made by Bill Maher likening her refusal to listen to civil law and going overhead as it were with God's law. He said something to the effect that if you feel that way you are in Iran and/or Saudi Arabia or you are now practicing sharia law. I wonder if she would stop to think what she is doing and the comparison thereto. I am glad Mr. Maher said that.
0 Replies