Is it weird if I ask someone I barely know to hang out via Facebook message?

alexa97

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 12:42 pm
I am currently in my third week of freshman year at college. At a weekly dinner event at a coffee house near my, I met this super cute exchange student from Amsterdam who's 20. I hung w/ him and some of his friends for the rest of the night. He seemed like he was flirting with me a ton but I did some fb stalking and he's been dating a girl for 3 years. This week, I go to the event again and spend all night chilling with him and some of his friends and AGAIN he's acting like he's in to me. At the end of the night, one of his friends added me on facebook so I added him. So I wanted to go out tonight but don't have anything to do/anyone to go with so I'm considering fb messaging him (he doesn't have an American number so he only communicates with people through fb) and asking him what he was up to. I know her parties, he really seemed like he wants to chill with me but at the same time I wouldn't have to worry about getting hit on since he has a girlfriend. Would it be weird since I added him on Facebook and we've only hung out twice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 882 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 12:47 pm
@alexa97,
why not ask him and find out? No one here can guide you there. However, if it were me, I'd keep my expectations low if he states he has a g/f of 3 yrs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 05:14 pm
@alexa97,
One of the things you need to keep in mind is that European ideas about hanging out and all are quite different from the US.

Hanging out means just that. It's not a precursor to dating/relationships.

So if you're cool with hanging out, maybe having sex but not dating, go for it.

and yeah, he might have sex with someone he considers a friend while maintaining his relationship with his longterm girlfriend
0 Replies

bestsent

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 01:39 am
You sure stop, he has explain to you about his girl friend you are think are your self you sure have respect for him and move on to some one else...
answer for hanging out NO!!!!!
0 Replies