Facebook Business Page

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 10:36 am
Can someone explain to me in plain english why my Facebook business page won't let me search or like or comment on other pages? This happened even though these people like the business page?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 436 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 11:18 am
@Jimbohanon,
I just tried this.

You need to pull down on the downward-pointing arrow (upper right corner of every page) and select "use Facebook as ---" (whatever the name of your page is. Then (the second step is vital, and it appears to be new), you will be taken to a page with a list of the groups and pages you are an admin for - https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/pages?ref_type=logout_gear - but you only go here if you are an admin for more than 3 groups and/or pages.

Next to the appropriate page or group, click the blue login button. That will get your Facebook to change so that now you are acting as your page or group and can do whatever you like.

I don't believe this second step exists if you are admin to 3 or fewer groups and/or pages. Furthermore, a group or page only shows up here if you add it as a favorite. Seems silly, but you have to declare your group or page one of your favorites. I'm not 100% certain that that is correct, but it is a characteristic that I'm seeing, and I am able to favorite, etc.

Interestingly enough, if I change my identity to one page I'm admin for, if I go through this exercise again, the only listed favorite is that page itself, as the first page doesn't have the second one listed as a favorite (I hope that statement isn't overly confusing).

Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll grab screenshots if you need 'em.
Jimbohanon

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 04:23 am
@jespah,
Began going through the steps you've outlined and I can't find the 'downward-pointing arrow' in the upper right hand part of the page. There are two arrows on my page, one sits beside the Help button, the second is to the right of a button titled -Promote-. Neither has "use Facebook as..." listed as an option when opened. Also tried the link provided and a second copy of my page opened up? Have only this page and I'm listed as the admin. I do remember tripping through a similar exercise in the past and seeing something about liking pages or groups! Can't get back there, no matter how hard I try!

Thanks!
jespah

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 05:34 am
@Jimbohanon,
Way way way way way in the top right corner.

Oh, are you using FB on your phone or on a desktop or laptop? Phone apps are notoriously incomplete. Try on a desktop or laptop first. FB also doesn't make it easy as the colors are similar. It's a lot easier to see things on a larger screen.
0 Replies