Good Morning A2K!

onevoice

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 08:16 am
Happy Saturday A2K! Very Happy

I came across an article on Facebook today that got me all wound up this morning... lol Go figure. It was an article from October 13th 1975 regarding government. Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/newspaper-clipping-from-oct-13-1975/104739

I won't swear it's truth just because I found it on the internet... lol However it got me thinking about some things. Raised some questions. I thought about starting a thread then decided... Nah...

I just find it interesting that there are so many people out there who think believing in "The Man" Jesus Christ is off the wall and nuts. Yet in the meantime they are unwittingly putting "faith" in a "man" who for almost eight years has literally been flushing our country down the toilet... One flush at a time.... As well as the "man" or "woman" <---(*gag*) who will replace him...

Getting what you want in life may provide temporary pleasure and happiness. But it's only temporary... Because life is only temporary. And then what? What exactly is it that Obama or any of the others could or even would do for you? As if they even knew YOU or even cared about YOUR existence... Though I bet they enjoyed spending every single one of those shiny pennies they took from YOUR table, YOUR children, YOUR retirement, YOUR child's future.

Jesus gave His life.

What exactly is it the government has given for any one of us?

It is only God's government that will lead this diseased country to a place of healing. Not a man. Not a woman.

True repentance brings about change.

America... if you honestly want change it starts with YOU. Your heart. Your life. You.

And only you can do it for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's one of "those" songs....

That I love so much! Very Happy

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 07:17 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope your weekend is going well! Smile Just felt like sharing a word of encouragement today...

I am sure I have posted this song before... I was listening to it again this morning and got to thinking about a few things. So, I just wanted to say... as gay as some may think this song is... It's still true. You could be that one voice. Our world is growing darker by the day... In case you haven't noticed... Find the light inside yourself and don't be afraid to share it. To be the voice that breaks through the darkness for others. Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next song involves the other things I was thinking about this morning. So this one goes out to my Christian brothers and sisters. It's time to release this. I have been waiting, but now I can finally tell you all that is in my heart for you and concerning you.

First I have to tell you how sorry I am. To the ones who have known me since years back in my weakest state... And to those who have never met me. The harsh reality is that for many many years I held anger and resentment towards you... yes, not having ever met or seen you.... simply based on the title you choose to wear. Christian. In society it has become a repulsive title to many... Far too many... Because of what it appears to represent to most. Hypocrisy.

People who say one thing and do the opposite. And why? Why do we do that? BTW all of us are capable of such behavior. Christian and non Christian a like. Smile Well, we are all human for one... But Christians... Always held to a higher standard because of Who we claim to follow. The standard He set. The funny thing is... His bar was set quite a bit lower than the current Christian standard. Simply to love others as He has loved us.

So in rolling all this around in my brain I realized something important. It is Him that we have forgotten. His character... His ways... What it was He did for us... And that it wasn't just for "us" that He did it. That's where we've gotten sidetracked here... Claiming or vying for "titles" and "positions" amongst ourselves. Drawing lines in the sand and excluding anyone who crosses them. Sitting on our arses in some nice cushy chair in a nice comfy church confessing our "faith" to each other, but rarely to anyone who needs to hear it.

Jesus. He alone is the reason for our hope. He alone has seen and been with each one of us in our darkest hour. He never gave up on us, and I am so sorry for giving up on you. It's time to remember Him. Remember the reason for our hope. Remember what He's done for you, so you can believe He will do it for others... Through you.

Y'all have a nice day now... Ya hear? Wink

*tips her hat and exits stage right*
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 06:43 am
Good Morning and happy Friday A2K! Smile I hope y'all had a great week!

Life is a series of ups and downs... wrongs and rights... friends... enemies... and... frenemies.... (*sigh* Those are the worst.) No one is exempt from such things. They are just a part of life. None of us are perfect... The nice thing is... No matter who you are... Where you are at in life.... What your values are or aren't... You are the perfect you. After all you are the only you there will ever be.

Yes, there's always potential for a better "you" somewhere down the line. Hungering for that... And striving for it in my daily life has been very fulfilling for me personally. But who you are is awesome... beautiful... unique... and priceless. Yes... priceless. Irreplaceable. Because only you can be you. This world... life... has a way of shaking us to our very core sometimes.

Leaving us wondering what's happening... Why it's happening... Feeling alone... And wondering if anyone really understands... Or cares. This song has helped me through many dark times like that. Even still. I hope... if you need it.... This song will warm your heart a little and remind you... No matter how your life looks to you there is someone out there in the huge world that thinks about you often, and always wishes you the best of everything. Smile

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 09:03 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

This song has been on my heart for couple of days now. It's stirred up some thoughts I would like to share. To all of you who have had the privilege of never feeling unloved I want you to know something...

You truly are privileged in that way.

Feeling unloved... It's like nothing else in this world. There is no pain I have ever known... In all I have been through... That compares in any way, shape, or form. It touches a place in you that is deeper than you even imagined the internal you could hurt.

People have asked the question here over and over and over... Why does a so called "Loving God" allow suffering in this world? The answer is simple. He doesn't. To say that implies He has a responsibility in causing it through mere association... Because He doesn't stop it and He could, right? Where would any one of us be in life right now if we were guilty in a court of law by mere association to something or someone?

For example: If my brother, who lives states away from me were to commit a crime and be arrested, Should I then be brought in too and have charges brought against me... based merely on my association to this man... My brother? That is how silly this argument has become.

We are living in the midst of a Fatherless Generation. I mean that literally as well as figuratively. A Fatherless Generation we created. A generation of children so distraught by the challenges this life has brought to their doorstep... Almost literally before their brains are even mature enough to process the information.... That they live in a constant place of feeling Unloved... Unwanted... Unneeded... Undesired.

So they cut themselves... In their despair. They scar themselves outwardly to silently tell the world... "You think THAT'S something? You can't see the scars on the inside." Unloved. Unlovable.

So... You say my Friend is invisible. That's ok. Because His love isn't. I have been everything this song says... and probably more... But I can tell you this with absolute certainty... I have never been unloved. That is why I am still here. Perhaps the only reason.

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 02:23 pm
Good Day A2K! I hope your week is going well! Very Happy

Life has this funny way of bringing change. Some are forseen, planned, or expected. Some are not and can be overwhelming, emotional, and even terrifying. Not knowing what's next... That's always been a hard one for me. Sometimes I think I would be happy if I could plan every minute of every day and have it all work out perfectly. Then I realize I really wouldn't.

Not all change is bad, or ends badly. It can feel like it some days, for sure. But one of my favorite parts of life... Is waking up every morning knowing it's a new day. A clean slate. Yesterday's mistakes are gone, and I don't have to choose to make them again. We all write our own story. One day at a time. One memory at a time. One moment at a time. My ending is unplanned. Very Happy

Y'all have a great week!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:58 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Very Happy

This world is crazy. At least it feels like it to me. My heart is heavy with all the tragedy that is surrounding us all every day. My home town is on the top of the list right now with two major tragedies so far this year. My home state seems to be having one somewhere almost every day. It feels like the world is falling apart all around us sometimes. Just falling.

It's not over yet though. Soon the children will sing. They have begun already. I don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this, but when children sing... The whole atmosphere changes. No matter what was going on... Innocence rings out. This is a good one from White Lion. It blows me away to hear this here and now... in today's world. I wonder sometimes how much worse will it have to get before we really see what we have done.

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:46 am
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope all is well with y'all! Very Happy This is my song for the day.... Stuck in traffic right now. Finally found my wings and decided to fly south! Mother nature or something threw a power line across the highway 10 cars in front of me... That was a wee bit scary.... lol Big storm went through... I seriously think there was a tornado that passed not to far away from where I pulled over! Two hours and counting! Can always count on Willie for a smile on a cloudy afternoon! Very Happy

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 07:18 pm
At dinner tonight my step son started singing this song just joking around and it got me thinking... Man... Only once in my life have I ever had a dream that I could fly and let me you tell you...

It was FANTASTIC!!!! Very Happy

It would be so awesome if we could really fly! Well I think so anyway! However, as I was thinking about this and smiling at the memory of that awesome dream I realized something cool... The pure joy of finding and loving yourself for the very first time is a very similar experience. So yeah... I guess in a way... I did get to have a time of flight in my life. I am so grateful for that. Smile

Good Night A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Smile

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:49 am
Well, I don't know whether to say goodnight or good morning at this point... lol

Either way, Hello... Long time no see?

It's 2:22 am here. It has been a really long few weeks. Nothing ever turns out like we image does it? Heh... Well, whatever. I have come to realize something new through all this... Temporary is a word we need to keep in our vocabulary. No matter what that may mean to you....

Circumstances are temporary.

Friendship's are temporary.

Life itself is temporary.

This song to me... tonight isn't about the ending...

Or the beginning really...

But about what's in the middle there...

That part where you are actually LIVING.

And if you are still breathing you are living.

Sometimes it is a moment by moment thing.

Sometimes it's going so fast it's a year by year thing.

Then everything in the middle of course.

The point being this...

We only get one of these things called "a life". No Re-do's. No rewinding the clock. No taking back words that have been spoken or actions that were taken. It just is what it is. Whlich is exactly what we made it to be. The good and the bad. Regardless of what put us in the position to make those decisions... The fact still remains that ultimately... We are the ones who made those decisions.

But it doesn't have to be permanent. We don't have it stay stuck. It's a temporary home of sorts. Life and living are about the perception you choose to see it through.

Sweet dreams and peace to all. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 08:03 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope everyone is doing well! Very Happy

The last month or so hss been pretty difficult for me and my family. We've faced a lot of mountains... And honestly it has seemed like just as soon as we reach the top of one mountain there is some joy... but then... when we look up we see the next mountain. *sigh* So with no way but forward to go, we keep climbing. I won't say I haven't felt discouraged, because I have. The last couple of days have been particularly rough, to be honest.

Argh. Sometimes I want to kick a wall soooooo bad! Just to get out some frustration! Then I remember that one time... I punched a wall...

*Ahem*

I am not as strong as I imagine myself to be... lol Didn't even dent the wall but I am pretty sure I cracked a knuckle! I value my toes. I need them to walk on. So instead I will just talk a little, if no one minds. That does tend to be a much safer way to move forward from frustration. Very Happy

Honestly, for some reason doing this helps me too. Sharing what's in my heart, that is. So as I was pondering some things this morning the song I am going to share popped in my head. I was thinking about perception and how big of a part it plays in our lives. In shaping who we are, and who we will become.

This is a Christian song, but I hope you will listen to it anyway to hear the message behind "the message". Often times how we view ourselves is not completely accurate. There are things inside of us we can't even see. Often times it is our own perception of ourselves that holds us back from moving forward when we need to. Learning to get outside of my own head has taught me to be able to hear things in a way I have never been able to hear them before. I hope this song can do that for you too. Smile

I hope y'all have a great day!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 11:18 am
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all are having a good week! Very Happy

I just heard this song for he first time yesterday. I have to say MercyMe has really been putting out some good music lately! Well I like it anyway! This song got me thinking about some things... Of course. Perhaps that is the cause of some recent changes in perception for me... Either way... It is a Christian song, so push the play button at your own risk!

Have a great day everyone!

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2016 10:59 am
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all are having a good day. Smile

Sometimes life has this way of throwing a curve ball your direction just when you think you are making progress. It can feel like you are going backwards instead of forward. Sometimes the discouragement can feel so darn heavy, and it's all you can see or feel. It feels like things may not ever change... or get better. I know that I have asked more than once for my heart to just stop beating... Just so the pain will stop... If only for a moment... It is times like this that we must tell our heart to beat again. I hope this song encourages you as much as it has me.

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 07:07 pm
Been thinking long and hard about what song to post tonight. I always like to try to leave things on a positive note... Very Happy I am bidding y'all a temporary farewell. I do hope to be back soon. Smile Anyway, this one felt appropriate for tonight. Smile (It is a Christian song)

Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 12:08 pm
Good Afternoon A2K! I hope y'all are having a great weekend! Very Happy

Every so often my brain gives me some much needed comic relief by suddenly pulling up a song I was least expecting in the most inappropriate of times... lol This one happened last night... My husband and I were discussing some important issues we have going on right now, that quite frankly... Outside of faith look pretty darn close to impossible to overcome. I was wrestling with myself really... Inside... Looking for the hope in this seemingly hopeless looking situation...

And suddenly this song pops in my head outta nowhere and I start singing it and doing a little jig through the kitchen. Laughing for the first time in a while. Yes, at myself for being so darn goofy sometimes. But it broke up the monotony of the day to day struggles that happen sometimes. It was a good laugh too. The one that come from your gut. I hope sharing this can do the same for anyone who could use a good laugh right now. Have a great day everyone! Very Happy

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2016 07:56 pm
Goodnight A2K! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Smile

Sometimes in life you just gotta let it be. Wink

0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 09:18 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope your week has started well! Very Happy

Thought for the day:

If you were to think about it from the perspective of the stone that has been cast into the water...

You would feel the impact when the water is first parted...

You would even feel the impact leaving and moving away from you as you fall...

However, as you fall deeper into the water...

You would not be able to see just how many ripples the impact created.

There is a purpose for that.

One of my Christian favorites!

Have a great week everyone! Very Happy
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2016 09:30 am
Good Morning A2K! I hope this message finds you all happy, healthy, and well! Smile

I have wanted to come back for some time now, but have been restricted by circumstances beyond my control. I would like to say I have taken all these difficulties in stride with a huge, glorious smile on my face. Not wavering in the face of fear and doubt at moments. However, I have been in my knees countless times over the last few months, rattled deeply by the things that have been happening. Not understanding how or why it feels most days like all hell is breaking loose against us for no apparent reason.

There is one thing that has kept me going. Joy. Continuing to do what is right in the face of everything that is so cotton picking wrong has revealed inside of me, perhaps only to myself lol, a joy I have never know before. A peace that goes beyond understanding in a time where understanding seems to be fleeting. My hope and my prayer for each and every one of you... Whether you love me, hate me, wish me dead, or wish me the best...

Is that some day you could know this joy that I have found. This peace that wraps around my heart and brings great comfort in times of sorrow. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all always. This is one of my favorite Michael Card songs. It was such a blessing to me this morning to be able to listen to this and remind myself it isn't over yet. I am not giving up, dagnabit.

Until we meet again!

Sturgis

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2016 11:33 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
happy, healthy and well...

I'm alive, let's not push it with this happy stuff. Wink

Anyways, good to see your hanging tough.
onevoice

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 11:02 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
I'm alive, let's not push it with this happy stuff.

Lol Joy is much better than happiness my friend. Happiness is often based on temporary circumstances or things, while joy is sustained by learning to be content where you are regardless of circumstance.. Smile

It is good to see you. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 09:20 pm
Good Evening A2K! I hope you all are doing well and if you celebrate Thanksgiving that it was wonderful for you all! Smile

I came across this quote on FB the other day and thought it was worth sharing! Sweet dreams and peace to all! Very Happy

Life is amazing. And then it is awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale through the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful.

-LR Knost
0 Replies