I feel like I'm going crazy possibly pregnant or something else?

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 08:41 am
Okay, this is going to be a bit long so I apologize. My husband had a vasectomy back in November 2013, and even though he never got checked to make sure he was sterile, we seemed to be in the clear. But now my period is 6 days late and I've absolutely NONE of my usual PMS symptoms that my AF is on its way. I've been a bit tired, have almost no appetite (which is not me at all, I love food), and I've had more head aches than normal. I took a pregnancy test yesterday, when my period was 5 days late, and it came up negative. I bought a couple more H.P.T.s to test again in a day or two, but I honestly feel like I'm losing it. If I'm not pregnant, what else could possibly cause a halt in my menstrual cycle? I have a normal 28-29 day cycle and I ALWAYS get my PMS symptoms, so something definitely seems to be amiss here. Did my husband's vasectomy not take and we've just been really, really lucky these past two years? Or could there possibly be something medically wrong with me? I'm 28 btw.

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 09:29 am
@Becky1987,
Good old fashioned stress can make your period late. Annoying, but true.

Plus I believe you took the pregnancy test too early. If I'm not mistaken, the packages generally tell you to wait until you're 2 weeks late. This way, you don't end up with the precise situation that you find yourself in, that you're getting a negative result but you don't trust it.

What else could make your period late? Maybe you've got early flu symptoms. I got the shot in my doctor's office last week so it's possible the virus is already affecting people.

Either way, here's a plan.

Wait until you're 2 weeks past your period due date. If you still haven't gotten it by then, take the test. And then, regardless of outcome, call your doctor, and tell him or her what you told us here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 09:35 am
I agree with Jespah.

So, what does AF stand for?
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 11:35 am
@ossobuco,
Agreed with both and the question what does AF stand for?

Read the packaging as well - I know there are some tests that supposed to have results earlier so read the instructions.

Alot of things can be the cause of these symptoms so double check to see if it is a pregnancy and if you still do not feel well give your doctor a call.
0 Replies

Becky1987

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:23 pm
@Becky1987,
Sorry AF stands for Aunt Flow, as in period, its a nickname for it.
Linkat

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:49 pm
@Becky1987,
Cute - never heard of that one before.
0 Replies

Becky1987

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 06:28 am
@Becky1987,
So, hate to be so graphic but after I used the restroom last night just before bed I had what looked like really light pink discharge and even a tiny blood clot, so I thought that meant my period was about to start. So I put on a pad just in case, thinking that I would wake up on the first day of my cycle like I normally do: menstrual cramps from hell that have me doubled over and my AF very much present. But when I got up this morning my pad was bone dry and I feel great. No cramps and no AF. I'm sooo frustrated and confused, what is going on with me??? I even took a hpt out of curiosity, but negative again. Ugh, I hate this. :-/
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:08 am
@Becky1987,
It could be anything - maybe you were just stressed and this is all the period you will get this month. I would suggest if you are worried to call your doctor and discuss. I know my doctor or nurse practicer will even give advice over the phone and you may not need to even go in.

At the very least they will give you peace of mind.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 07:25 am
@Becky1987,
Call your doctor's office.

While you're at it, make an appointment to have your husband checked out. He should have followed up following his vasectomy.
0 Replies

Becky1987

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:28 pm
@Becky1987,
I was just thinking about how some women experience implantation bleeding and that what I experienced last night might have been that. What do you guys think? Still no AF yet, but a light discharge only when I use the restroom and no cramping. If it is implantation bleeding then maybe I ovulated later than normal and that's what this is. Thoughts???
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:35 pm
@Becky1987,
We are not doctors - so I cannot give an educated thought.

My initial thought is simply that you were stressed or something especially if you feel fine now. I've had stuff like that in my past, not frequently but it is possible.
0 Replies

Becky1987

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2015 11:16 am
@Becky1987,
I understand that you guys aren't doctors, just giving you an update. So I got what I thought was my period on Saturday, but instead of the usual 4 day period I usually get it only lasted 24 hours and there was more brownish than red discharge (sorry if TMI) and I had very little brown discharge on Sunday. And come Monday nothing. Now, I'm feeling nauseous out of the blue for no reason. Could be nerves, not sure but I've decided to wait till my next period is due and see what happens from there before I take another test or make a doctor's appointment.
0 Replies