I would like to leave you with this...

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:17 pm
@onevoice,
Really well done, who ever wrote that understands abuse and recovery. And what the what the lack of recovery costs.

EDIT: Also I am sure that the best comics always have a deep very dark side, a lot of times that originates from abuse. I dont know that Robin Williams was ever abused but he clearly had a deep understanding of what Jung called the Shadow....the dark side of the Soul. He was the perfect casting choice in this movie.

EDIT2: the fact that a lot of great comics would have never amounted to anything as comics had they not traversed through abuse and recovery is one of those things that make me go Hmmm.....
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:41 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
What is it you mean by deeply submissive?

Have a need to submit even when the ego screams NOOOOOOOOO! Even when the results are terrible.

I have no idea about you, just saying that there are many reasons why this might have happened, dont let anyone talk you into one explaination, make sure what ever you believe is actually the truth.

Also should have said you are not that kid anymore, and cant be, the main value here is you remembering the old you may help you understand better who you are now. kinda complicated how this works, but maybe you already understand what I am saying.
onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
"Have a need to submit even when the ego screams NOOOOOOOOO! Even when the results are terrible."

You just summed the previous "me" up in one sentence.

I have come to this conclusion... Everyone's truth in life is different. That doesn't make it any less their truth. And gives no one an excuse to judge, just because they don't understand.

I want "her" back. Regardless of the reasoning behind it... I want to be unafraid and bold again. That girl that wasn't afraid to stand up for what was right... Even when everything was wrong in her own life. Is that really so wrong Hawkeye?
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh God. Robin Williams. I grew up with him. I cannot even begin to describe the depth of sorrow I felt from his death. I grew up with him on my TV screen then the movie screen. We missed it. We all missed it. How though? He hid his despair well. So then, the next question becomes... How many others are hiding the same... To preserve an image they have somehow created? At what point does a person just finally realize that no one knows who they really are, and give up even trying to make the world understand something even they dont? The world truly missed out on knowing a great man. The real Robin Williams. I wish I could have known him. The real him. Not the one he portrayed on the movie screen.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 06:02 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
Yes. Exactly. I am so proud of you leadfoot. That really is what it is.

Thank you! That may be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
onevoice

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 10:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Smile

Tehe
0 Replies