I would like to leave you with this...

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 06:28 pm
I honestly just came back initially to get a copy of a poem I wrote and posted here to show to a friend who is struggling. I couldn't log in because I can no longer use the email associated with the old account. Then suddenly when I got here I remembered how much I missed you all. I don't know why I have to say this but Setanta, that includes you. I am sure that probably sounds crazy, especially considering the state of mind I was in the last time I was here. I honestly did not expect to finally find my freedom in a place where I had felt so much hurt. So attacked. But I just wanted to let you all know that all those things I said about being thankful for you all in the rape thread were not speaking of just right now. For back then too.

I understand now that you were not trying to hurt me, but help me and I just couldn't see it. I am sorry for hurting anyone in that ugly part of my process. I hope that if I did you will forgive me someday. I hope with all my heart someday I will be welcomed back here, but if not, I will certainly understand. I know this looks very deceptive, what I have done in coming back and not telling you who I am. I want you to know that I did it because I just wanted a fair shot and was afraid I may not get one. And I sincerely missed you all. I have to go for now. I don't know why. But if for some reason I don't ever make it back, please just remember that no matter how you all may feel about me, A2K always has and always will have a special place in my heart. I wish every single one of you the best in life.

Sincerely,

onevoice aka hephzibah aka treya
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,970 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 08:31 pm
@onevoice,
Only just arrived here myself but been enjoy'n your posts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 11:16 pm
@onevoice,
Hi Treya,

welcome back.

Smile

Don't stay away too long.

now if only Arella Mae would reappear

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 11:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
now if only Arella Mae would reappear

Agreed, but I dont know this Treya, must have been before my time. I will say that anyone who only comes back to post in two highly emotional and divisive threads clearly never planed to stay long.

She was good for the rape thread, too bad she does not have the stones to stay.
onevoice

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 05:04 am
@hawkeye10,
No Hawkeye. You dont understand. You helped me find my wings. Smile

http://youtu.be/KfDr_7LN-Ew
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 09:41 am
@onevoice,
Quote:
I hope with all my heart someday I will be welcomed back here..

I think you are welcome here right now.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with any past experiences you've had at A2K, but I'm sorry if they made you feel hurt and attacked. Since your current visit has been more positive, I hope that would be some inducement for you to hang around here or return soon.

Whatever you decide, good luck.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 09:18 am
I have found a new definition for the word freedom. It is being able to finally see things as they really are... And for what they really were as well.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:51 am
@onevoice,
So true. But sometimes I'm bummed by another definition of freedom:
In the words of the late Janice J. 'Freedom's just another word for noth'n left to lose'.
onevoice

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 12:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Sometimes we have to have nothing left to lose and realize that in order to move forward.
firefly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 01:00 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
Sometimes we have to have nothing left to lose and realize that in order to move forward.

I also think that's what it means to "hit bottom"--to have nothing left to lose--and why some have to hit bottom in order to move forward.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 01:52 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:

I have found a new definition for the word freedom. It is being able to finally see things as they really are... And for what they really were as well.

Be careful about that, a lot of the time you are seeing the next layer of the onion...there are more.

But ya, recovery I believe requires ruthless honesty, primarily with ourselves.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 08:21 am
Yes. Rock bottom. I hit it back in April when my husband and I lost everything. After about a month of continuing my relentless pursuit of death through drinking (3 fifths of whiskey a week for six years) I woke up one morning and realized it just wasn't working. I had been running my whole life... And it just wasn't working. Rather disappointed after that realization I sat around for another month, still feeling quite sorry for myself, and resorted to praying to die. Honestly, I still wished that infamous bolt of lightning dream I have had so many times would finally just come true.

Nope, still didn't work. *sigh* And then it finally came to my time... To literally live or die. To continue pursuing death which I don't think was too terribly far away at that point, or give this life thing one more shot. One more shot, and this time... I wanna do it right. So I began writing my book again for like the 4th time since I was in my 20's. As I was writing I began to see everything from a whole new perspective. It has been an amazing and terrifying journey so far.

Then a little over a month ago I hit a complete road block. No... A wall... No matter how many times a day I would sit down to write, it was like... I was empty. So I turned my focus on to other things. I began trying to help others because I just didn't feel like there was much else I could do for myself at that point. Which led me right back here, to find that poem I had written about death several years back for a longtime friend who recently lost someone.

Only it didn't just help them. It helped me too. After arriving back, as I said before I realized how much I missed everyone here. What an impact that time here had actually had on my life. Then... Then... Oh the rape thread... Man, I really had no clue what would come of that. I honestly went in there just trying to expand my helping others zone, because eventually just always being about you gets old.

In the process of time there, that wall I was facing that looked almost impossible to get over or around suddenly just fell to pieces at my feet. Gone. Done. My writers block is gone now. See the place I stopped and could go no further was that spot I talked about in my 20's where there were several rapes in a row. I had to finally let go of that shame based thinking completely to move forward. I take what I am doing, writing, quite seriously.

Even before I realized I was still living with a shame based thinking I made a conscious decision I didn't want none of that crap in my book. Period, because that doesn't help anyone. I am sure that is not the last time that may happen in this process. It's all good. If it does I will stop, wait, reconcile what I need to, and move forward. I have withdrawn for a reason. I am guarding my heart right now. I feel very protective of this new found freedom.

And there is this evil little demon that follows me still. It's name is the victim mentality. I am hoping that some day its voice will get quiet enough that I won't even hear it anymore. Until then, I will continue to ignore it as best I can and push forward. You see, for me what I am facing is not layers... It's doorways. Eventually if you stand and look down this hallway I am walking down, instead of open doors, you will see closed doors with a human shaped hole in it.

Because eventually I am just gonna start running towards that freedom, no matter what stands in my way. I have determined my end is going to be far far better than my beginning.

Smile
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:35 am
Every trip to the bottom is different in some way.
Mine taught me the following:

No one can help anyone avoid their own trip to the bottom.
Life is supposed to give you that trip.
The trip is not punishment.
The trip is for your sake, it's trying to tell you something.
You haven't hit bottom hard enough until you figure out what that was.
Figuring it out is the best feeling in the world.
I'm thankful for the trip.
onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 10:48 am
@Leadfoot,
Yes. Exactly. I am so proud of you leadfoot. That really is what it is.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 02:11 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
I have determined my end is going to be far far better than my beginning.

I decided that as long as we make it to fully alive by our last breath we win.
onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 07:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Absolutely. Smile
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 08:15 pm
@onevoice,
Good thing you dont plan to stick around because by agreeing with me more than once per year you kill any hopes for your reputation around here. And when you announce that you agree with me you must insert the quote "I know that this is impossible to believe, but I think Hawkeye is right". You get extra credit if you follow that with " I must be REALLY drink/stoned at the moment!".

Them be a the rules.
onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 08:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Bwaaaahahaha! Omg dude... You are FUNNY! Cut me a little slack here... My mind is literally whirling right now. So much is getting thrown at me right now, and I just don't wanna barf any crap up on anyone. I am having a little difficulty processing it all. For real! Check this... My best friend from the fourth and fifth grade has recently re entered my life. She was taken away to California because her father was molesting her and her mom finally found out.

I am getting given back some good memories. Good memories! But some that are quite confusing as well. According to her, I was quite the little spitfire back then. Since you are not familiar with my past here let me tell you, little is what I am. About 4'11" to be exact. Which resulted in a lot of bullying in school.

However, according to her... I got in the faces of people twice my size who were bullying her, even going as far as to squash a lunch tray in the chest of some "popular" girls chest as she was trying to steal something from her tray, and threaten to beat them ALL up. There were three if them there at the time. Ummm... I was only 4'6" tall going into the ninth grade, so I am certain I was considerably smaller in the fourth and fifth.
I even stood up to teachers whom I felt were punishing her unfairly.

???????????

Where did THAT girl go? I was THAT? ME? Really? I still don't remember those things, but boy she sure does! Her stories are endless! I am having a very hard time wrapping my brain around this. Where did that girl go? That other me... Where did she go? How did she get so lost that she forgot who she was? I did manage to find a little peace in realizing a whole new possibility today...

Maybe... Just maybe... I have spent my entire life standing up for everyone else, and have not ever taken the time to stand up for myself. Is that even possible? Which of course only opens yet another can of worms. *sigh* Me. That was me. I just... Wow. However, in order to not break any of them thar rules...

"I know that this is impossible to believe, but I think Hawkeye is right" and... "I must be REALLY drunk/stoned at the moment!".

Oh wait... But I don't get drunk no more. Lol
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:09 pm
@onevoice,
Quote:
. I have spent my entire life standing up for everyone else, and have not ever taken the time to stand up for myself

Time has nothing to do with it. The feminists will tell you that you must not have loved yourself enough to think that you deserved to be defended, which is one possibility. However I know people who are deeply submissive who would for instance die trying to defend the people that they love but who would not defend themselves because of their need to submit. I know that when I was bullied horribly for years I did not defend myself because I refused to give the bullies the satisfaction. I refused to alter myself or my actions one inch because of them. If that meant that I got beat or that my rep was trashed then so be it. There is a line about this in the movie "Good will Hunting"

Quote:
Sean: My father was an alcoholic. Mean fuckin' drunk. He'd come home hammered, looking to whale on somebody. So I'd provoke him, so he wouldn't go after my mother and little brother. Interesting nights were when he wore his rings.
Will: He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the table. Just say, "Choose."
Sean: Well I gotta go with the belt there.
Will: I used to go with the wrench.
Sean: Why the wrench?
Will: Cause **** him, that's why.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119217/quotes
onevoice

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 09:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Omg. This is my all time favorite movie. I could have quoted that to you. Whoa.

What is it you mean by deeply submissive? As in an overcompensating behavior?