My Girlfriend broke up with and a week later this.

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:26 pm
So my girlfriend broke up with me a week ago, she messaged me today telling me that she wanted to get back together. While I sat depressed the whole week I found out that she has been talking to another guy I knew as a friend the entire time and he told her he has a crush on her, he said he wouldn't act on it but it still hurts. I knew something was going on when I saw him trying to play games with her, I feel betrayed a bit even though we weren't dating at the time, she tried telling me it wasn't anything and that they were just friends but knowing that she wants to hang out with a man that has a crush on her just gets me really badly, I know its wrong not to trust her but I can't help be paranoid. Sad thing is he only has talked her for 4-5 days and already telling her that he has a crush on her. She tells me shes upset and broke up too quickly but I can't help feel a little angry that it wasn't a day after we broke up and she was talking to someone already while I sat in my room depressed. Is that wrong? Should I give our relationship one more try? I really do love her and I miss her but I can't help but feel betrayed by it.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 09:29 pm
@Ineedadvice96,
Quote:
Should I give our relationship one more try?

Well now, that depends on how badly you want her. How are we supposed to know, this is your life, you live it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:20 am
@Ineedadvice96,
Ferchrissakes, she can't talk to someone else?

Hint - she's not responsible for how the people around her feel.

You might be saying hi to the female cashier at the grocery store who secretly wants to screw you ten ways till Sunday.

You are not responsible for how that random woman feels any more than your ex (who was your ex. That means you are not going out, and the dubious privilege of being jealous no longer applies the minute the breakup occurs) is responsible for how this guy is. He said he wouldn't act on it.

So you are left with a single woman having a nice conversation with someone who admits to a crush on her but also says he won't do anything about it.

What is wrong, and what your ex's (she's still your ex; you do not have a lifetime claim) behavior has been aren't even on the same planet.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:17 pm
@Ineedadvice96,
Your either:

- worried that she broke with you to see if it would work with him, and then she's gone 'oh god, he's a dud', I want back with my ex...in which case your feelings are understandable...or

- you're worried that she just talked to another guy after feeling it wasn't working out with you...in which case your feelings are quite misplaced

But really, as Hawkeye said, it's up to you, because we don't know who you are. Things can can affect the success of getting back together:
- your trust, or (it's opposite) your paranoia
- your hopes, and fears
- your level of self esteem
- your emotional maturity
- your past

Perhaps the only thing I can suggest is: work out what you need for happiness in a relationship (not wants, but needs) with any woman...and then ask yourself if she can offer that. One of the obvious key questions is that of trust.
- etc
0 Replies