Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:04 pm
http://www.northjersey.com/news/kentucky-clerk-citing-god-defies-courts-on-gay-marriage-1.1401708

This business makes me tired.

Move along..

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:12 pm
@ossobuco,
This is what I said on FB about this.

It is posturing. It is loud, insistent, in your face, ostentatious pseudo-piety. It is the scream of, "Look at how PIOUS I am, all up in your grille!"

"I'm PIOUS, mother fuckers!"

This model of piety has been married and divorced several times, and certainly does not give previously divorced people a litmus test before granting them second time around marriage licenses.

No.

She only does this with gay people.

The couple who are suing her have been together for 17 years. Which I do believe is longer than any of her marriages, and might even surpass the length of all of them strung together.

It's not about commitment. It's not about citizenship. It's not about love. It's not about politeness, even.

It is about the fact that she cannot wrap her head around two people kissing who have the same wedding tackle.

She was elected to serve the entire community. She draws her salary from taxes paid by everyone who lives there. I am certain that she doesn't hand a portion of them back because they were paid by gay people.

This is loud and brassy homophobia and nothing else. She is, I am sure, being bankrolled by hate organizations. I'm sure we will find out soon where her legal funds are coming from, and it will not be from a place of sweetness and light.

The US Supreme Court has denied her stays and her pleas. There is an injunction out to force her to do her job. She is ignoring it and is thereby in contempt.

I hope she's impeached, and soon.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:24 pm
@jespah,
I agree completely, you said it for me.

I was raised in an aura of saints and martyrs, not all of that awful, as I liked and still do like some of what I have read about them, Francis, for example, not to mention various paintings, but I smell martyrama easily, even though I personally have clinical anosmia.
0 Replies