Philosophy, the search for wisdom

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:00 pm
How can one search for wisdom when everyone has a different view on their subject? I search for truth hopefully using rational reasoning and logic. Your logic might not be my logic and vice versa, we just perceive differently. I understand the media creates their version of what their truth is concerning this and that be it political or local news.
Thoughts? Wonderment
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 701 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 05:41 am
@wonderment,
My thought is you're having trouble finding your old topics.

Try this link:
http://able2know.org/user/wonderment/topics/

And please reply to your own preexisting topics. No one wants to go following you around from topic to topic, trying to figure out how your thought processes are all held together. This site is large and active and people will not attempt to keep up. This is likely one of the reasons why you are having trouble getting people to respond to you.

PS Perception questions in philosophy are as old as the hills. Try Googling Bishop Berkeley's philosophy.

PPS Welcome to A2K but if you really want to get responses, try taking a step back and observing a bit, and also taking an active interest in others' questions and topics. We are actual people here behind the pixels. While a lot of us have altruistic helper impulses, we are not available 24/7. For a lot of us, helping someone who's being abused get out of a bad situation is a far more pressing priority than discussing philosophy. There are people who will talk philosophy. Why not look at the tag and see who started the more recent topics with that tag? Try taking an interest in them as people and see what happens.
0 Replies