Dress not for resale

Juby509

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:06 pm
I bought a dress recently from a bridal shop. It has a large label in it which says SAMPLE Not For Resale. what does that mean please. I payed full price for the dress and was told once I bought it they couldn't take it back. Many thanks. juby509
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,445 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:56 pm
@Juby509,
Have you placed a call to the people at the bridal shop to ask them?

Maybe you bought a display dress, not one that was for sale off the rack and they forgot to remove that SAMPLE label before selling it.
Juby509

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 04:01 am
@Butrflynet,
No I didn't think of that.. its not a normal label it is a big square label that is sewn into the dress . Thank you for your reply
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 04:55 am
@Juby509,
Juby509 wrote:

I bought a dress recently from a bridal shop. It has a large label in it which says SAMPLE Not For Resale. what does that mean please. I payed full price for the dress and was told once I bought it they couldn't take it back. Many thanks. juby509

Question. Is it defective? Falling apart? Discolored or stained prior to removing from the box? Is there any other issue other then the odd label?

If there isn't, maybe there really isn't any difference between regular off the rack and sample dresses in terms of construction. No harm, no foul. Just a possible case of slippery ethics by the people who manage the store.
0 Replies