timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:04 am
Frank wrote:
They are more close -minded as anyone they rail against.

Says the guy that is an extremist and thinks he knows what is going on on other people's mind.

You never understood what an atheist is.

Making hasty judgements about them is about all you can do.

You never understood that many atheists don't even consider the very existence of god, let alone asserting there's none.

I know you'll persist it uttering your pure nonsense but I'll continue to assert that you know nothing about atheism.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Leadfoot...telling people like Setanta and FBM that their blind guesses about REALITY are no more based in science, reason, and logic than any other blind guesses...

...is not going anywhere.

the notion that you can get that across to them...or get them to acknowledge it in any meaningful way...is a loser.
That's absolutely true. But the reason I pressed the minor point about scientific knowledge was to get to something else. I wanted to know the real reason for his visceral negative feelings about theists. . Setanta revealed that in his last few posts and I appreciated that uncommon bit of honesty. Full props to him for that.

FBM still maintains that his hostility towards the possibility of a God is for more real world practical reasons but I'm guessing he has more in common with Sets' than he admits, maybe even to himself.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:13 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
They are more close -minded as anyone they rail against.

Says the guy that is an extremist and thinks he knows what is going on on other people's mind.

You never understood what an atheist is.

Making hasty judgements about them is about all you can do.

You never understood that many atheists don't even consider the very existence of god, let alone asserting there's none.

I know you'll persist it uttering your pure nonsense but I'll continue to assert that you know nothing about atheism.

Assert whatever nonsense you want, Timur. I'll get a laugh out of it every time.

Have you thought about a laxative?

You really look bound up in that Avatar!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:19 am
@Leadfoot,
FBM fashions himself a scientific, reasonable, logical fellow.

He's just not...and arguing with him is like arguing with a wall.

In any case, the atheists in A2K are laughable. They want to pretend that atheism is nothing more than not having a belief in any gods...based mostly on the misreading of the word's etymology.

But even putting that aside, it is obvious to even the casual observer that they actually are promoting a BELIEF SYSTEM...the "belief" (or blind guess) that no gods exist.

I actually enjoy watching you argue with FBM...a lot. But it is futile. His mind is tightly closed shut.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:21 am
@Leadfoot,
Keep on guessing. Better yet, how about just taking what I say at face value? Because it doesn't fit your preferred narrative? Neither you nor I know with absolute certainty whether there is a god or not, whether yours or any one of the other thousands that have been proposed.

My claim all along has been that no credible evidence has been provided for your (or any other) god, but that scientists are spraying the place with their evidence for their claims, none of which require or point to a supernatural creator.

Add to that the demonstrable fact that a practically uncountable number of people - usually/often children - die during faith healings, denied blood transfusions, etc, because of faith-based beliefs trumping scientific data. I might also point to the lack of bombings, stonings, honor killings and rapes, and beheadings carried out in the name of atheism.
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:24 am
Frank wrote:
His mind is tightly closed shut.

As is yours.

You have nothing sound to assert that you can provide tangible evidence.
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:27 am
Frank wrote:

I deplore the lack of laxatives for minds, it would profit you to use one (or several).

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:44 am
@Leadfoot,
Notice the subtle change in focus of FBM's last post. He musta "peeked" at my posting.

Now he is trying to show the reasonable FBM.

And he is, illogically, asserting that an absence of proof on your part...is proof of absence.

Silly him.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:47 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
His mind is tightly closed shut.

As is yours.

Uh huh!

To you, saying "I do not know for sure" is showing a closed mind.

You are a delight, Timur. That is why I love you like I do.

Quote:

You have nothing sound to assert that you can provide tangible evidence.

Although your sentence is an abomination...if you were trying to say that I cannot provide evidence that I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence...

...I can call myself to the stand and testify that do NOT know it.

You do not know it either...but you are not man enough to simply acknowledge that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 07:48 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:

I deplore the lack of laxatives for minds, it would profit you to use one (or several).

Okay...than go through life all stuffed up...the way you are.

But...understand that people will laugh when they see ya!
timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
Your understanding is kind non-existent.

Life took its toll on you..

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:05 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Your understanding is kind non-existent.

Another sentence that makes no sense.

Lots of those coming from you.

Quote:

Life took its toll on you..

Life has been marvelous to me...and I am grateful that it has. I'm just a lucky guy.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:11 am
Frank wrote:

You do not know it either...but you are not man enough to simply acknowledge that.

If I need proof that you are completely incoherent, I would take this.

You pretend to know, all the time, that you know what an atheist is and in what way he thinks.

So you assert everything and its opposite.

You are a liar in addition. I never pretended to know despite your allegations.

The one that isn't man enough here seems to be you..
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:36 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:

If I need proof that you are completely incoherent, I would take this.

You pretend to know, all the time, that you know what an atheist is and in what way he thinks.

So you assert everything and its opposite.

You are a liar in addition. I never pretended to know despite your allegations.

The one that isn't man enough here seems to be you..

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

You start these idiotic back and forths for no reason whatever...

...you get battered more than anyone else in the forum...

...you come back for more...

...and you have the audacity to find fault with others.

Get your head out of your butt...and make something of yourself.

And smile once in a while.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:49 am
@FBM,
Quote:

My claim all along has been that no credible evidence has been provided for your (or any other) god, but that scientists are spraying the place with their evidence for their claims, none of which require or point to a supernatural creator.
That's all fine, I accept that aspect of your position at face value. I have admitted on several occasions that I cannot give you the kind of evidence for God you are looking for. Same goes for Set although he doesn't seem to take that strong an interest in that angle.

My interest is in the emotional response of people (theists, agnostics and atheists) to the concept of God and the various beliefs about it.

@Set, what was the subject you saw me as copping out by pretending I was kidding? I kid around occasionally but never as a cop out.

timur

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 02:33 pm
Frank wrote:

I have a reason for that, it's to expose your pretentiousness.

I know for a fact that you are completely ignorant about atheism and about what other people think.

Your pretentiousness is utterly ridiculous.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 05:08 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:

I have a reason for that, it's to expose your pretentiousness.

I know for a fact that you are completely ignorant about atheism and about what other people think.

Your pretentiousness is utterly ridiculous.

You are one of the most pretentious people in this forum...and for you to be calling someone else out on that account is a laughable absurdity.

In any case, you are what boxers call "a tomato can."

You love being beat up.

Glad to oblige.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 05:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
My interest is in the emotional response of people (theists, agnostics and atheists) to the concept of God and the various beliefs about it.

Understood. I would ask you to try not to read too much emotion into my posts, however. From the looks of it, you think I'm more intense about this than I really am.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 08:56 pm
@FBM,
OK, but I hope you don't think I was being critical of emotional responses.
layman

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2015 09:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
The more emotion, the more better!
0 Replies