Mind in charge.

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 12:15 pm
I am convinced that my mind is a spiritual/soul placed somewhere between the top of my head and or brain. I hear in my mind my words as I think them. Is that natural for all? wonderment
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,953 • Replies: 6
No top replies

wonderment

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:55 pm
Are our emotions in charge of us and why? How can our emotions control us?
Wonderment
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:55 pm
Which of these is your question?
I don't think it's uncommon to "hear" the words you think.
How else might we perceive them?

Consider the word 'articulate'. Does it not in some way imply things spoken or heard? And that, even though we may express, as now, only in print?
0 Replies

wonderment

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:59 am
One, is our mind alive or has consciousness because I hear my thoughts in my mind. All questions are logical. Two, how can our emotions understand how we feel unless they feel, what we feel, and three who is in charge our emotions our emotions are us? wonderment
lavanya

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 11:38 pm
@wonderment,
Yes this is natural according to Hindu Scriptures . A Chakra or node is present between the Eyebrows of head which is Two petals and gives the mystic sound when you concentrate on it. This is sound is called Bhramari and the one who practises to listen this sound is called Brahmari Yogi. This practise gives person to listen distant sounds and the sound of the Soul. It is called "OM"
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2015 09:25 pm
@wonderment,
You can believe anything you want to believe. Just make sure that you have control over your mind and the things you hear are your own thoughts. Try and meditate.

Our mind and emotions are very powerful and should never be neglected. Take care of how you think and how you feel.
0 Replies

popeye1945

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 01:02 am
@wonderment,
Wonderment, It helps to understand that the brain was developed by the body. In other words it has an evolutionary history and developed from the inside out. Our emotion centure is called the limbic system and in development is the reptilian part of the brain, otherwise known as the R complex. So it is the older more elemental part of our brain.

It is more often than not pulling the strings of emotivation, only part of the time guided/ advised by rational understaning. Alexander Pope said best I think, "The passions/ read emotions are the elements of life/desire, the passions fill the sails, and only sometimes the course is set with reason, but no wind, we are not going anywhere.
0 Replies