The F-35: Flying Symbol of Out of Control Bureaucracy

georgeob1

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:23 pm
@gungasnake,
You sound like our president. "Difficulties" with nations like Russia and even serious rivals like China are far easier to work out when one is well armed with a credible superior forse and the will to use it than without. Right now our defense establishament is unravelling at a rapid pace. The current aadministration has no strategy, no will, and no clue.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:34 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
China: Warships On Route To Syria To Join New Alliance With Russia With The Goal To Bring Down ISIS

http://www.hngn.com/articles/138357/20151009/china-warships-route-syria-join-new-alliance-russia-goal-bring.htm

If true that would mean that we have a team of Assad/Russia/Iran/China/Iraq defying Obama and the West on Syria. That is almost unbelievable from were Bush left things. And Turkey defying us on ISIS too.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
I understood that W. was non-serious the first time I ever heard the term "War on Terror".....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2019 09:33 am
The passive radar system of a German manufacturer tracked the US fighter F-35 for more than a hundred kilometres - the jet was supposed to be invisible to radar systems.

Stealthy no more? A German radar vendor says it tracked the F-35 jet in 2018 — from a pony farm
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2019 08:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
"the technology is not yet accurate enough to guide missiles, though it could be used to send infrared-homing weapons close to a target."

Interesting. I'd never thought of a hybrid radar-guided/heat-seeking missile before.
0 Replies