Inappropriate photos

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 02:18 am
I was checking out a site from my facebook page and all of a sudden some inappropriate images came up. I was so upset. I got off immediately and deleted my account. How can this be prevented
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 419 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 04:17 am
@DeeVee65,
Facebook has nothing to do with what you click when you leave their site.

Want to improve your experience? Don't click on the links that people share unless you know the site, and tell the people who shared that stuff with you that you don't want to see it. If they persist, unfollow them or even unfriend or block them if it gets really bad.

But Facebook is not responsible if you, a person aged 13 or older (Facebook's minimum required age, per their Terms of Service) are foolish enough to click on a weird-looking or suspicious link, and they certainly aren't at fault for how you react.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:59 am
@DeeVee65,
If using Firefox, can right-click on an image and choose to block all images from that URL. Or if especially sensitive, can disable all images and only enable spoecific ones as you need to.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:42 pm
@DeeVee65,
You might also do some anti-virus and anti-malware scans on your device. You could have some nefarious malware that is redirecting you to these offensive images.

Some firewall/anti-virus/internet security software has the capability of setting up filters to help eliminate the viewing of such images and websites, look into that also.
0 Replies