giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 08:15 am
@MontereyJack,
Once again it's a rush to judgment to paint all police officers as racist premeditated murders by people who were not there at the shooting and know extremely little about the shooting. The police have admitted that it was an accidental shooting the officer-involved was not in the position or at a distance that the person taking the video was and who and in his estimation it appeared as though the autistic person had something in his hand that could be a weapon and was a threat to the black man. The radio call that was dispatched was a man who is trying to commit suicide... This undoubtedly colored the officers thoughts upon his arrival. It's extremely easy to Monday Morning Quarterback especially if your agenda is to convince people that all police officers are maniacal racist premeditated murders and get up in the morning with one thought of I hope I can shoot a black man today.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 08:25 am
@vikorr,
Well thank you for your very reasoned response. I am familiar with that particular video where the officer planted the evidence and he will certainly pay for his crime. You can't name a profession where all members are Saints and none are sinners. I myself am a government whistleblower... Much to my own detriment... But that doesn't stop me from righting a wrong when I see one. And it's wrong to paint all police officers as racist murderers because they happen to be involved in the shooting of a black man. If you were to show me that police officers are never arrested and convicted of crimes then I might agree with the idiots who constantly post about how the police are bad... but even if you could prove that it's still wouldn't account for the many police officers who are dedicated public servants.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 10:42 am
TheCobbler

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 01:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Apparently all he saw was someone black and then shot...

giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 02:04 pm
@TheCobbler,
Bullshit
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 02:18 pm
@TheCobbler,
It's clear he did exactly that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 02:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
They were taken off street patrol, but why are they still in the police department?
izzythepush

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 02:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They should be being held on remand on the grounds of public safety.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 04:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Because cops have the ultimate stand your ground rights. Its their ground and if they say they saw a weapon as long as they stick to their story they will get away with it.

That incident proves exactly how full of poop giojohn is when he says "if black folks would only comply" which is insulting if not blatently racist.

This guy WAS complying on tape laying down and raising his hands and he got shot three times.
cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 04:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
We all saw that video. The victim was lying down with his hands up. I think giojohn has racial bigoted blinders on.
giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 06:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

This guy WAS complying on tape laying down and raising his hands and he got shot three times.

What a liar you are the guy was not shot three times he was shot once... you can't help yourself you're like a pathological liar.
giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 06:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Because cops have the ultimate stand your ground rights. Its their ground and if they say they saw a weapon as long as they stick to their story they will get away with it.

That incident proves exactly how full of poop giojohn is when he says "if black folks would only comply" which is insulting if not blatently racist.

Hey dumbass I defy you to show where I used the phrase if, black folks would only comply... your credibility has the aroma of a cesspool... You're such a rabbid fanatic U say anything to try to prove your point... I said it before and I'll say it again Bob you need to Bare your soul you need to tell us about that incident that you had with the police that makes you hate them all so much and if you don't want to tell us here at a2k maybe you should seek out professional help and talk to somebody to reduce all that anger... you're a very bitter lonely man and I feel very sorry for you to be so singularly focused on anger and hatred it appears as though you have nothing else in your life to look forward to... Sad sad sad.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 06:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We all saw that video. The victim was lying down with his hands up. I think giojohn has racial bigoted blinders on.

So you saw the video of the man being shot? And of course you saw the video of what all the police officers were doing...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 08:59 pm
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13686554_1140449769346895_7044440565440412733_n.jpg?oh=45627bc789ad99e598e602f318e6b899&oe=58171811
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:25 am
Full story → http://bit.ly/1hhbYOD

Police The Police
https://www.facebook.com/policethepoliceACP/videos/vb.540176322666035/1415722405111418/?type=2&theater

Armed with a pen knife they could not have fired a warning shot? Or aimed for a leg? No! They use EXCESSIVE FORCE! Why not drop a nuclear bomb on him? Oh it is illegal to fire a warning shot so they fire many random shots instead???
As long as **** like this is happening this thread will remain highly relevant.
TheCobbler

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:32 am
Kind Samaritan
https://www.facebook.com/1172505262759598/videos/vb.1172505262759598/1233967396613384/?type=2&theater
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:45 am
@TheCobbler,
If you pay attention to police media releases

1. they don't fire warning shots because that stray bullet could kill an innocent person (and nor is it guaranteed to work). I think that is fair enough enough.

2. they don't aim for the extremities because:
- it's much harder to hit the extremities; and
- if they miss, that stray bullet may hit an innocent person
- they are only meant to shoot when they fear for their lives...if they shoot the extremity, that doesn't stop the threat
- if they don't stop the threat, the threat they are shooting to stop continues, and someone may get killed

I'm sure if you add into that adrenalin dumps, and how inaccurate pistols are, you get a fair picture of the challenges and difficulties.

As for a pen knife (depending on it's type), that is as capable of killing as a larger knife: heart, neck (artery), eye (brain), groin (artery). Nor should they ever be expected to take stab wounds in order to do their job (as is implied when someone says 'it was only a penknife, why did they have their firearms out)

I did see him advancing on what looked to be a dog handler - but that was difficult to see. I'm not truly sure what happened there.

I do wonder:
- why the dog wasn't used. The dog may have been stabbed, the guy might have been bitten, bit it may have resolved the issue (I think)
- why, when they had so many guns pointed at him, one couldn't have tried a taser
- why they couldn't move back with him (he didn't seem to run, so it didn't seem to be that they couldn't move back)

I don't think I could form a real opinion until I had seen & heard everyone. Maybe he said 'I'll kill you' as he advanced.

vikorr

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:35 am
@vikorr,
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-08/nypd-cops-fire-84-shots-murder-suspect-miss-83-times

Quote:
NYPD Cops Fire 84 Shots At Murder Suspect, Miss 83 Times

Late last month, an undercover NYPD officer picked up alleged illegal weapons dealer Jeffrey Aristy - from whom he had purchased some 25 guns on 10 separate occasions - in the Bronx and drove him to meet his “cousin” Samuel Ruiz in Mount Vernon.

It was either a set up or else everyone was just in the wrong place at the wrong time because just as the two men were ready to pull off, 37-year old Alvin Smothers jumped in the backseat, pointed a gun at the officer’s head, and robbed him of the $2,400 he had brought to buy the illegal guns from Aristy. Smothers then tried to run away when the officer broke cover and fired somewhere between 11 and 21 shots at the would be robber who had a tough time returning fire because as it turned out, the gun he had just put to the officer’s head was fake. Tragically, a 61-year old devout Jehovah’s Witness who was walking up the street was killed as the officer shot at the fleeing Smothers. The New York Post summed up the story quite effectively last week as follows: "A bystander was shot and seriously wounded by an NYPD cop in Westchester Friday afternoon when a suspect the officer was buying illegal guns from tried to rob him."...(more to the story)

Rather different sort of situation I think, but it does make a point about:
- the inaccuracies of pistols
- the dangers of missing
vikorr

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:40 am
@vikorr,
http://nation.time.com/2013/09/16/ready-fire-aim-the-science-behind-police-shooting-bystanders/<br />
Quote:
Ready, Fire, Aim: The Science Behind Police Shooting Bystanders

On Saturday night in New York City’s Times Square, police opened fire on a man who was walking erratically into oncoming traffic and, when approached by law enforcement, reached into his pocket as if he were grabbing a weapon. The officers fired three shots. One hit a 54-year-old woman in the knee and another grazed a 35-year-old woman’s buttocks. None hit the suspect, whom police subsequently subdued with a taser.
vikorr

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:42 am
@vikorr,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagious_shooting

Quote:
Contagious shooting

A contagious shooting is a sociological phenomenon observed in military and police personnel in the United States, in which one person firing on a target can induce others to begin shooting. Often the subsequent shooters will not know why they are firing.[1][2][3]

This is defined as "officers firing because others are doing so," or according to Professor Eugene J. O'Donnell of John Jay College, "cops shoot because other cops shoot."[4] While commonly accepted in popular culture and police jargon, there has been yet no scientific evidence "to prove the existence of a contagious shooting dynamic," which O'Donnell said was a "debatable notion."[4]

Additionally, a former CIA employee and FBI firearms instructor observed it in training. "Consistently, in every class, officers would shoot at their target upon hearing others shoot, even when their particular target board did not contain the called target."[5] He suggests that one reason it occurs is because of muscle memory: "[T]he targets turn or the whistle blows, and all the officers shoot together until a cease fire signal is given."

O'Donnell partially reinforces this, saying that in classic cases involving contagious shooting, "a gun was shot before any officers fired," and thus "the officers involved began shooting because of fear or because of the sound of a colleague firing."[4]
There's a list of 14 examples below this wiki article.