Is it gay to cuddle with another dude

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:47 am
A few monthes ago I told my a friend I'm inlove with him. Strange thing is we became bestfriends after that. We share everything and the other night we cuddled. Is this weird?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 6,796 • Replies: 16

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:53 am
@brianbaxter1995,
You've told a man that you're in love with him.

Same sex cuddling is normal when you are gay.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:54 am
@brianbaxter1995,
Is it weird - no. Is it gay - yes.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:56 am
Define "cuddle"

Your ages?

brianbaxter1995

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 09:43 am
@PUNKEY,
We were sleeping I woke up, and his arms were around me. Then he like turned and rested his head On my shoulder. Maybe it was just because he was sleeping. Didn't know what he was doing maybe
brianbaxter1995

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 09:44 am
@PUNKEY,
We're 18
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 09:48 am
@brianbaxter1995,
You're sleeping in the same bed as a man you're in love with?
brianbaxter1995

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 10:59 am
@ehBeth,
It's so hard not to kiss him!!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 05:20 pm
@brianbaxter1995,
Gay as a goose Cool
0 Replies

Saxon

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 07:41 am
@brianbaxter1995,
It sounds like there is a gay thing going on between you and your friend but unless you communicate with each other to find out how he feels about you you could end up getting hurt. Even if he is gay it doe not mean that his feelings for you are the same as those feelings you have for him.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 08:00 am
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 07:05 pm
Cuddling is not exclusively gay, it is also bisexual too. Bi guys are less likely to cuddle and usually just want a brief experience and then leave.

If they stay the night (after sex) then there could be a future in it. Sex can also ruin friendships between bi guys. Consider if it is worth possibly losing a good friend even in the heat of the moment.

Not that I am all that experienced but wear a condom and if sex is a possibility talk about getting tested together for STD's.

YES even an 18 year old can have STD's, one encounter with a person with STD's can have long term negative life changing consequences.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 06:32 am
@brianbaxter1995,
You told your mate you're in love with him, and you're worried it's the hugging that might mean you're gay? Smile
0 Replies

TiramisuNights

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 05:18 am
@brianbaxter1995,
Be yourself, do what makes you feel good with your friend and forget labels. If you both enjoy each other, that's what counts.
0 Replies

AskTheWolfie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:32 am
@brianbaxter1995,
I think the main thing you need to realize is that you need to separate the two things from each other. The emotion of love and the physical act of cuddling are not mutually inclusive. Humans need touch and sharing touch is a natural thing. Whether or not he has feelings towards you is a question you need to discuss. Some people are not ready to admit feelings that they are not comfortable with.

I slept with a straight man for years who used to wrap me up in his arms and cuddle me like I was his teddy bear. We were best friends and I love him dearly. He later got married and has 3 kids and I am sure he cuddles his wife each night too. Affection and caring does not necessarily equate to being in love with someone. Right now, I'd accept the cuddling as a sign of affection. If it grows into something more, great. If not, enjoy it.

The sad part about the world right now is that society has ostracized men to such an extent that they are afraid to show any other man any affection without being accused of being gay. I find it sad that the world has labeled any touch between men as gay. I would be more apt to congratulate you two for showing some abiding affection but caution you not to read into it too much. Communicate and talk about your feelings.. and let things grow from there. If all he has to offer is friendship, you will need to decide if you can accept that and be happy with it.

Good luck.
Wolfie
0 Replies

TIMIDGAY

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 05:42 am
@brianbaxter1995,
Consensus is…….Gay. Look I love to cuddle/snuggle and I don't think it would go to well if I did that with my straight friend. Cuddle away with your friend he obvious likes it as well.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 12:52 am
You can't solicit business here, especially not hook up business.
0 Replies