If gays marry, then the terrorists have won!

RABEL222

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 07:00 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
I've often heard it said that those who are so openly anti-Gay, Lesbian, etc, tend to harbor these same suppressed secret desires but are afraid others will ridicule them the same way life is made hard for Gays, Transexual, Intersexed, etc.

Shocked Shocked You mean if I am gay I securetly want to be straight?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 07:50 am
"If gays marry the terrorists have won". If by terrorists you mean home grown gun totin' white christian 'muricans hell bent on executing gays and passing legislation to do so, this may be a prophetic thread.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:30 am
That's nice Rick, here's a cookie now GO AWAY!. Cool

Rick Santorum: I would NOT attend a same-sex wedding

Quote:
Republican former Senator Rick Santorum has said attending a same-sex wedding would be a “violation” of his faith.
The former Senator for Pennsylvania, who is widely expected to run for president again, was asked by radio host Hugh Hewitt if he would “attend a same-sex wedding of a loved one or a family friend or anyone you were close to?”
Mr Santorum replied: “No I would not.”
Asked why, he struggled to answer for a moment before saying: “As a person of my faith, that would be something that would be a violation of my faith.
“I would love them and support them but I would not participate in that ceremony.”

http://wwwpinknewscouk.c.presscdn.com/images/2012/04/ricksantorumCREDgageskidmore.jpg
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 10:26 am
@jcboy,
Wow Rick, now gays all over America will have to rethink the seating arrangements at the reception
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 01:46 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
I've often heard it said that those who are so openly anti-Gay, Lesbian, etc, tend to harbor these same suppressed secret desires but are afraid others will ridicule them the same way life is made hard for Gays, Transexual, Intersexed, etc.

Shocked Shocked You mean if I am gay I securetly want to be straight?

Laughing Rabel, my favorite Internet friend, my, you do possess quite the sense of humor, which delight me to no end. Thanks much for being you!

On a more sober note, however, there exist among us an untold number of hypocrites serving in key positions, leading double lives. The GLTB community has come a long way but prior to where it is today, society by a large margin frowned on same-sex marriages, but I'm sure I don't have to point this out to you. To be out as a gay politician would usually doom his/her political ambitions at one time; Barney Frank was the notable exception at that period in history, but he was already in Congress and finally decided to answer many questions regarding his sexuality. Frank said in an interview recently that he knew of many in the closet Gays in Congress. Punitive politicians exploits this vulnerability by playing to their narrow-minded base even though some of those slinging the toxic arrows are undoubtedly gay themselves. So the motive for these politicians' hypocrisy stems from fear of scorn within our cultural society.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:00 pm
@korkamann,
You know I seem to remember some christian guy saying judge not lest you be judged. Can someone on this site remind me who this fellaw was? I seem to have forgotten, like most so called christians.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 05:44 pm
Seriously, does Rick Santorum, just not understand the role or authority of the Supreme Court? Or that 68% of Americans now support same-sex marriage, indicating that Santorum isn’t just in the minority, but what Theodore Roosevelt called the “lunatic fringe.”

This issue won't matter after this primary, let them have their last hurrah!

Santorum: Supreme Court Doesn’t Get Final Say on Gay Marriage

Quote:
Former senator Rick Santorum is known for using his conservative social stances as a prominent feature of his campaign platforms. On Meet the Press, the 2016 Republican hopeful said that “of course” he would fight the Supreme Court if it rules to overturn state bans on same-sex marriage.

Chuck Todd asked Santorum to respond to a statement from Mike Huckabee last week, calling on states to disregard a potential ruling from Obergefell v. Hodges that would “overrule the other two branches of government.” Santorum responded that the Court was indeed equal in power to the legislative and executive branches, but made a point of how Congress and the president sometimes had to “push back” whenever the Court “gets it wrong.”

“It’s important to understand the Supreme Court does not have the final word,” Santorum said when asked about whether he would accept a ruling in favor of gay marriage. “If the court decides this case in error, I will continue to fight for this as I have for life… We’re not bound by what nine people say in perpetuity.”

Santorum also brought up his past activism against abortion in a point about the legal options Americans can take on issues they do not approve of. “Roe V. Wade was decided 30-some years ago,” he said, “and I continue to fight that because I think the court got it wrong. I think if the court decides this case in error, I will continue to fight as we have on the issue of life.”

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PicMonkey-Collage-Santorum.jpg
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 05:47 am
@limbodog,
marriage license= civil union
your big ceremony held in your church= religious union
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 06:06 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Redheat wrote:
All I can say is that if Joe and Jim getting married in anyway effects your family and it's strength then maybe the fault lies with you and not them.

Please leave Jim out of this.

Guffaw!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 09:50 am
It took nearly twelve years for that joke to land, but it was totally worth it.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 03:48 am
@Rick d Israeli,
not talking about those millions who do not believe in the catholic church ideology whose rights are being infringed and should be asking the government to make that believes ilegal
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:48 am
@joefromchicago,
Congrats your thread tittle discrebed America in one setence better then I ever could.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 10:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Stop with the generalizing. We are a country with over 300 million people who you try to put in one basket.
momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:02 pm
@ossobuco,
in how many of the states those 300 million people live in is same sex legal?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Stop with the generalizing. We are a country with over 300 million people who you try to put in one basket.
Well, you know, one bad apple...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Right, and then the seed grows into an apple tree on occasion, or not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:07 pm
@momoends,
Same sex sex happens everywhere. Same sex marriage is legal in all US states, the Supreme Court said so. So, that is 52 states. Some of those government or city workers paw the dust in distress, but it is still legal.
momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 07:41 pm
@ossobuco,
you are right, summer 2015 right?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 08:26 pm
@momoends,
I don't know the date.

I took you wrongly, replied, deleted it.
0 Replies