Actor looks like Albert Finney

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 02:07 pm
Hi,
Some 40 years ago I had a nightmare. The guy in that dream was often in horror movies, quite an old guy maybe 50/60, a round fat face and blue eyes, he reminded me somewhat of actor Albert Finney when I saw him in the Bourn Ultimatum (but maybe less hair) Finney's voice was also quite similar. This actor was before Finney's time and I think his eyes were bluer, his face rounder and less craggy.
Any ideas???
thank you for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,127 • Replies: 9
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:35 pm
@Popcornnn,
Wait, so you had this dream over 40 years ago, but your calling the 50 or 60 year in the dream "quite and old guy"?

Come on.
roger

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:44 pm
@chai2,
So what? If he was an old guy then, he's still an old guy.
korkamann

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:46 pm
@chai2,
Quote:

Wait, so you had this dream over 40 years ago, but your calling the 50 or 60 years in the dream "quite and old guy"?

Come on.

Perhaps she meant when she first had the dream, 40 years ago, the character in the dream seemed that old and has remained the same in looks.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 08:22 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

So what? If he was an old guy then, he's still an old guy.

50 to 60 isn't an old guy, unless you're 15 or 16.
Popcornnn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 03:58 pm
@chai2,
Yes, he was an old guy to me. I was about 10 or so at the time.
0 Replies

Popcornnn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 03:59 pm
@roger,
Yes, that's what I thought, an 'old guy' is just relative. The point is, in the films of his day he played a character in his 50s/60s...it's a long time ago.
0 Replies

Popcornnn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:01 pm
@chai2,
Yep, I was 10 years old
0 Replies

Popcornnn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 04:23 pm
@Popcornnn,
It was the creepiest dream of my life.
I was in the basement of a large house, I knew I was in trouble as my heart was beating so fast. I was trying to find a way out. I saw a structure built into the middle of the floor in one of the rooms. I walked over to it and saw a valley like grove that had slopes on all sides. At the very crease of the valley was a narrow opening. suddenly I found myself sliding down the sides moving fast toward the narrow slit. The thought that went through my mind was, that if my head was too big it would get trapped between the sides and I'd have my neck broken without a doubt.

With much relief, I found that my head cleared the gap and I tumbled to sub-basement floor half in relief half in further panic as to where I now found myself as I began to look around. This place was like a hunted church. The walls had strange symbols and I had the feeling that is was a place where some kind ceremonial rituals took place.

I was shocked to hear male voices approaching. I wondered. had set off some sort of alarm? The floor beneath me was of a light polished wood and I felt it slightly screech under the sweat of my palms. I scurried around trying to find a place to hide before the group of men entered. All I could find was a cupboard at a far end of the hall. I quickly threw myself into it. and listened with eyes straining to try and see in the thick black air. The sound of the voices were outside, getting closer and closer. Then I was filled with a feeling of utter dread, as if my worst fears were realized; I saw the cupboard door open and a thick, pale bloated face with stern piercing blue eyes looking straight at me. His large hand reached out for me head and I blacked out, then awoke with a shock of fright.

I am a 50 year old man now. Part of me would like to revisit that face; look into those eyes, to remember, to make some connection with that fear; perhaps even just to say, 'you were just a dream'.

Any ideas would be greatly received. thanks everyone. Popcornnn
0 Replies

Popcornnn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:16 pm
@Popcornnn,
I think I found the actor, Richard Cordery, or at lease that looks like him. Now I'm wondering which horror film that might have triggered him to be in my dream? I'll keep looking...

Hang on, he's very close to the face I'm looking for, but this actor is older. But that is a very close looking face.
0 Replies